Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Remote Start

AWD GT2

Reactions
City
Clayton
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2 AWD
Is there an aftermarket remote start that can be installed on a 2019 GT2 AWD that would work through your phone like the Uvo in some Kias. I listened to my salesman when he told me that it came with the remote start feature without doing my homework. The dealership offered to install the separate remote for me with the key ring fob, but that would not solve the problem.

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
I got an aftermarket key ring remote starter for a couple of hundred bucks, which was 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of what KIA dealers wanted.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
It's around $500 from the dealer but you can always get the part and have a car stereo/alarm shop do the install. As @KIA-StingerGT stated you can always go aftermarket too.

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
My 3rd party was ~$250 installed, KIA wanted $650-$1,000 installed.

Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2
I've heard good things about Drone Mobile. I tried to look up the Stinger, but it's not listed. I've seen from other boards/forums that they've successfully got this installed on their stinger, with full bypass feature (engine keeps running after doors are unlocked)

Last edited:

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I've seen this used in Russian stinger market, If I remember rightly, It's not available in the U.S. market..

Welcome aboard

Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2
I've seen this used in Russian stinger market, If I remember rightly, It's not available in the U.S. market..

Welcome aboard
Thanks!

I’m pretty positive it’s available here in the U.S.

The subscription cost is also significantly cheaper than UVO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
If it is available in the U.S that would be sweet.....(y)

Reactions
City
Hurstbourne
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 GT-Elite
Garin MyKey make remote start devices for Hyundai, Kia, Genesis-- They have been around for several years. The device includes proximity lock & unlock, turbo timer, you can lock the door with the car running-- no horn honing-- Smart phone app. Not sure it is available for the Stinger, worth checking with them if you need one. Garin MyKey is not to be confused with the Ford system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou4Sge_z6P0&t=5s

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
I have the Drone Mobile a f I love it. With the OEM remote start it kill the engine when you open the door.