Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Question re Placement of tollroad Transponder

Reactions
City
Tacoma
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Hello everyone,

I have to put a tollroad transponder in my Stinger called a 'flex pass'. The idea is to save some money pay a bit less on these tolls for all of the HOV lane and tunnel improvements going on in Seattle. You can read about the one I'm using called a "Flex Pass" here.

https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/GoodToGo/passes.htm

These typically go on the inside of the windshield just under the rearview mirror. The problem is putting it there is impossible because of the active assist tech that's there. In fact I don't want to put anything there that could interfere with the operation of any of the safety features of the car. This begs the question 'where *should* I put this transponder' in the car? I was thinking about at the top of the windshield basically directly over the steering wheel. Then I can easily reach up and remove it or take it out of TOLL mode.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
It won't interfere with anything.
You can place it where you would in any car

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Pretty soon they will have tollroads everywhere in Seattle, Tacoma just like N.Y & PA. At least they could take some of that money an fix the roads their.. You should be able to put that Flex Pass anywhere in the car you want...

OP
GT2InSeattle
Reactions
City
Tacoma
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #4
You should be able to put that Flex Pass anywhere in the car you want...
I'd *like* to put it right up WSDOT's keisters for this sham.. but that's another topic entirely.

Thanks everyone.. :)

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I'd *like* to put it right up WSDOT's keisters for this sham.. but that's another topic entirely.
I was talking to my father yesterday an he was telling me that they charge 10.00 dollars to drive in the HOV lane now, what a scam....:rolleyes:

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
i've got my EZPass up high on the right side of RVM, works fine

OP
GT2InSeattle
Reactions
City
Tacoma
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #7
they charge 10.00 dollars to drive in the HOV lane now,
Depending on traffic conditions, yes.. They have stuff set up to determine the maximum 'tolerance' before they go into HOV-Only by drivers.. turns out people will pay quite a bit to stay out of being bumper to bumper.

My work pays for train passes and vanpools.. so I don't see myself needing the GoodToGo Pass often.. but there are a view places where it's required (the 99 tunnel) and cheaper if I have the G2G rather than getting a toll bill in the mail.

Regardless, it's definitely a scam. Typical 'spend now pay later' mindset and of course that toll will be there forever..

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
turns out people will pay quite a bit to stay out of being bumper to bumper.
I know all about the bumper to bumper, I was stationed at JBLM in Tacoma an my father lives North of Seattle in the San Juan Islands. I remember a day when I drove back to the base from my dads house, took me 6 hours, by the time I got home I was so pissed off. There's traffic like that all the time unless you travel in the middle of the night.