Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New Stinger GT in Germany (soon)

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
KIA Stinger GT 3.3 AWD EU
Hello Stinger-Fans,

I am new to this forum and I would like to introduce myself. My name is Andreas, I am from Germany and I am 37 years old. My current car is a VW Scirocco R and I got a bit bored about that car which I owned for about 5 years now. So I was interested in an Audi like a used S5 or RS5 until ... I saw a first Stinger advertisement.

So I went to my local dealer and there it was - the Stinger GT in red. Usually I don?t like red cars but man this red is really stunning. By the way - in germany you don?t have these different trims. You can choose if you want the V4 or V6 but basically that?s it. If you want the V6 it?s always AWD (no RWD in germany) and full trim (incl. 360 Cam) except the sun roof and extra money for special paintings.

When I made a test drive I really enjoyed everything but the car sounds. In my opinion that very subtile sound doesn?t match that aggressive and sporty look of the car. So after the test drive I?ve told my locale dealer that I would probably buy the car if it had a dual mode exhaust. Two weeks later he called me
back and told me that there will be a dual mode exhaust available by Bastuck. And now it?s already part of the official Kia car configurator in Germany - it became an official option.

Well - I?ve placed my order. I will get my Stinger GT AWD in ?snow white pearl? with sun roof & black interior mid march. Plus it will have the dual mode exhaust. Car specs in Germany read 370 horse power. With that exhaust Bastuck promises that there will be additional 10hp. So my car will have 380hp theoretically. On the German highways (Autobahn) there is no speed limit and you can run the car with 270km/h (180 miles per hour) legally.

When it gets shipped the stock exhaust will be replaced in Germany. They also add a nice button left below the steering wheel. The exhaust flaps are on the outer exhaust pipes and will be ALWAYS closed until the car runs faster than 70km/h which is round about 45 miles per hour - then they open automatically. You won?t be able to open the exhaust flaps with the button below that speed. What you can do with the button is to keep the flaps closed even on higher speeds - that?s when you are travelling and don?t want to get botherd by unnecessary noise.

What you can?t get for the Stinger in Germany is that cool ambient lights. In the US you can choose the hue of these lights via the car settings. In Germany these lights are not present at all. That?s a bit disappointing because I really love that feature.

Well - that was my story. Never thought I will buy a Kia one day - but this car is so nice. It?s something really special like my Mazda RX-8 was that I had before the Scirocco R. To be honest the 7 year warranty was a great pro for me too. Thanks for that great forum - I am really happy to be part of that nice community.

Greetings from Germany
Andy

Last edited:
Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Welcome aboard Andy.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
welcome Andreas!![welcome]....congratulations on the purchase, nice to see that Germany is getting an option for a better sounding exhaust. We are not getting that in the US. Post some pictures when you receive it.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Glad to have you [MENTION=396]AndyGT[/MENTION] I too was skeptical but I knew KIA had something with this car and it really is special. Welcome!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
Hello AndyGT, nice to welcome you here too.
I just see that you come from Wesel.
Then we should exchange views, when the Stinger was finally delivered.

Enjoy reading, the guys here are highly motivated and well informed.

Greetings Slowy

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima LTD
Welcome Andy from the other side of the world

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions