Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Limp mode from just an intake and exhaust??

sil25rs

Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2 AWD
I've seen some references on the web about Stinger's going into limp mode while just having an intake and CBE. Is this true?
I just installed an intake on mine and was planning to get an exhaust to free up some weight and sound bling but now I am hesitant.

Anyone debunk or confirm this?

Thanks,

Chris

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I personally never had an issue with a limp mode or CEL with just intakes and exhaust (secondaries and catback). I'm sure that's a different story once the primaries are removed; from what I've read, that's when you'd need a jb4 or tune.

OP
sil25rs

sil25rs

Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #3
That makes sense. I haven't looked under the chassis of this sexy beast, so I dont know how everything sits.

Correct me if im wrong but if you get an exhaust that is not "active" it will basically negate the sport mode to eco mode sound difference, right?

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
That makes sense. I haven't looked under the chassis of this sexy beast, so I dont know how everything sits.

Correct me if im wrong but if you get an exhaust that is not "active" it will basically negate the sport mode to eco mode sound difference, right?
Is yours a 22, with the active exhaust? Mine is a 2018 and I have the Ark exhaust. People say I'm nuts but I swear the thing sounds different in eco/comfort than in sport. My theory is the engine lugs more in eco/comfort so it sounds deeper/lower but it's louder overall in sport.

OP
sil25rs

sil25rs

Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #5
Is yours a 22, with the active exhaust? Mine is a 2018 and I have the Ark exhaust. People say I'm nuts but I swear the thing sounds different in eco/comfort than in sport. My theory is the engine lugs more in eco/comfort so it sounds deeper/lower but it's louder overall in sport.
I have a 2019.

That's great if it does change the tone for the Ark exhaust. I'd love to have that system but is out of my budget. I think the MBRP system sounds decent and definitely like the price.