Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Telluride/Soul shifter in a Stinger GT?

Hapa88

Reactions
State
AZ
What I Drive
2019 GT1
Anyone know if the Kia Telluride or Kia Soul shifter will fit a GT1? Love the look of the GT2 shifter but it’s electric, not mechanical so I don’t think you can swap them. I think the Telluride and Souls are mechanical so maybe it’ll work?

Not digging the GT1 shifter I have, looks cheap IMO.

Attachments

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Get a GT2

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
You can put the GT2 shifter in the GT1 it's the same transmission, but it won't be cheap. Personally I don't care for the shift by wire, takes to long to go from reverse to drive, and if you don't push the button in all the way it won't shift. I'm old school I like the cable.

OP
H

Hapa88

Reactions
State
AZ
What I Drive
2019 GT1
Thread Starter #4
You can put the GT2 shifter in the GT1 it's the same transmission, but it won't be cheap. Personally I don't care for the shift by wire, takes to long to go from reverse to drive, and if you don't push the button in all the way it won't shift. I'm old school I like the cable.
I’m talking about the physical knob. Looking for a quick direct plug & play replacement. I don’t think the GT2 knob would be plug & play.

OP
H

Hapa88

Reactions
State
AZ
What I Drive
2019 GT1
Thread Starter #7
I can't find any online sites that sell the 2020 Telluride/2020 Soul/2019+ Kia Forte parts to see if I can even buy it.

I did come across the 2016-2018 Kia Sportage shifter and from the pictures it looks like it may work. I still like the Telluride shifter look the best, but this Sportage one is still better than my GT1. eBay has them for about $30-$40 depending on if you get the boot or not.

Attachments