Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger sales numbers are lower this year compared to last year

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Anyone else concerned about the Stinger sales number declining compared to last year?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
The marketing campaign for the Stinger has been very weak and on top of that the Teluride is also grabbing the most attention.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Last time I was at my dealer here in NorCal there were about 15 Stingers sitting on the lot. The sales has for sure taken a hit. That said Kia did a much better job of launching the Stinger than the Telluride, the reason the Telluride is selling well is because its a product that everyone currently wants.

Reactions
City
Needham
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
21 Miata club (me), 19 GT1 (wife)
The dealer I bought from is giving away a stinger. You can put in an entry every day. I've been stopping by most days. Noticed that they had probably 15-20 stingers and I commented to the sales manager about how many stingers they had and he said they were selling lots of them. Also when I was shopping the area dealers mostly had plenty of stock. I was cross shopping with a WRX and Mustang GT. The WRX was probably stocked about the same but the Mustang GT each dealer would have like 1 for sale.

I wonder if they are more popular in areas like Boston because of snow and AWD. To tell you the truth if it weren't for the AWD I probably would have gotten a Mustang.

flycaster

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 C-300, 2013 ATS Lux
Although I don't want a 2019 Stinger GT2 before Aug, I have been shopping around in SE FL. And, to my surprise, none of my three possible choices (Micro blue/black, silver/ red, ceramic silver/red) were to be found in the state.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I wonder if they are more popular in areas like Boston because of snow and AWD. To tell you the truth if it weren't for the AWD I probably would have gotten a Mustang.
Your right @SpaceGhost, have all wheel drive back East is the way to go with the snow, a mustang for sure doesn't like it. It seems like sales are down because some of the issues they're having with the 2018 so people just don't want to drop 40 50k on the Stinger yet. The chart on the first post indicates sales are down after December which is X-Mas but sale are coming up every month.

I just had two friends of mine buy mustangs, one bought a 2019 GT and the other just picked up yesterday a 2019 Bullitt.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
the fact there is a bunch of low mile used stingers rolling out doesn't help either, my brother is looking at one with 4000 miles for 28,000

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger Premium
April numbers are in and they do not look good.

Reactions
City
Needham
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Your right @SpaceGhost, have all wheel drive back East is the way to go with the snow, a mustang for sure doesn't like it. It seems like sales are down because some of the issues they're having with the 2018 so people just don't want to drop 40 50k on the Stinger yet. The chart on the first post indicates sales are down after December which is X-Mas but sale are coming up every month.

I just had two friends of mine buy mustangs, one bought a 2019 GT and the other just picked up yesterday a 2019 Bullitt.
If I were in AZ I would have bought a Mustang

Reactions
City
Needham
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
The dealer I bought from Dan O'Brien Kia Norwood, MA has 22 in stock.

I wonder how they count the sales. Are they counting them sold to the dealer or sold to a customer?

Reactions
City
Needham
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Quirk Kia in NH has 19 of them. Other dealers in the area have lesser amounts. No surprise the two dealers I mentioned were offering the best price. I've found that to be the case go to the dealers who have lots of stock those are the ones interested in moving vehicles

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
16k in first year with a market like the US where 50% of sales are trucks/SUVs was great. If you research articles you will see that the bulk of analyst think the stinger is a success to date. You will also see that many analyst see the stinger as a flagship to bring attention to Kia as they step up in the market with new vehicles. Month to month comparisons on such a new car are statistically insignificant. For example, the add campaigns they were running last year at this time are either gone or drastically reduced (at least where I live)
The stinger should be around for a while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk