Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger 3.3TT SSR Downpipes +30WHP / +26WTQ NO TUNE!!!!! Dyno Runs and Testing

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Hey guys!

Finally, the day has come! I dyno tested the 3.3TT today with our SSR Performance Competition series downpipes (which can be purchased by clicking HERE). It's been super busy around the shop, but I always set the Stinger fam in the priority category!

I am beyond excited to show / tell you guys what I am about to. I could not be ANY happier with the results of our dyno run today. We took the same car, the same dyno, and tested ONLY our SSR Performance downpipes. No tune. Nothing other than the downpipes were touched on the vehicle.

I compared the highest stock baseline run that we got the last time I was at the dyno and put it up against the new numbers the car made.

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS????? I don't think anyone is.....

FEAST YOUR EYES

That is a 30WHP increase and a 26WTQ WITH JUST SSR DOWNPIPES!!!
Talk about BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!
[rockon]

Guys....look at those beautiful curves!!! The whole powerband was increased almost evenly with both torque and horsepower. This is amazing stuff!!! The area under the curve is a lot higher now as well. So now when the car pulls, it keeps pulling. The sound is intoxicating. The power is VERY noticeable. I can confidently say that our hard work has really paid off.

Watch this video to see it all go down and hear all of my thoughts on the whole thing!

https://youtu.be/mC7crIydqjE

I hope you guys enjoy watching and don't forget to show your support by going ahead and purchasing these downpipes on our website by clicking HERE!

KIA STINGER GT 3.3TT COMPETITION SERIES DOWNPIPES (2018+)

Reasons to Choose SSR Performance
+30 WHP / +26 WTQ
2.5" SS 304 Aerospace Grade Material
AVAILABLE FOR BOTH RWD AND AWD MODELS
Custom High Quality Matte Chrome Surface Finish
Replaces Restrictive Factory Downpipes for maximum HP gains
Unleashes the raw power and sound of your Kia Stinger 3.3TT
Direct bolt on to stock exhaust (all hardware necessary included)
100% Made in the USA
FREE SHIPPING WITHIN THE USA
LIFETIME WARRANTY

DOWNPIPE:
Stock - 23.2 lbs
SSR Performance Competition Series - 15.9 lbs
Total Weight Saving - 7.3 lbs

PREORDER PRICE $489

> CLICK HERE TO BUY YOUR SET NOW <

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqFT7jpqbXI

We hope that you guys can see the time and quality that are put into these USA made products. We take great pride in our craftsmen who work hard each and everyday to make our dreams come to life. Happy shopping :)

Sincerely,
Shah @ SSR Performance

Please feel free to contact us for any questions that you may have!
Email: info@SSR-Performance.com
Phone: (800) 438-2808
Instagram: @SSRperformance (follow us to stay updated!)
590 W Freedom Ave Orange, CA 92865 (open by appointment)?​

Last edited:

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Great job guys. I'm surprised baseline was only 317whp.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Patiently waiting for 2.0 parts.[biggrin]

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Very nice gains.[rockon]

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Quite impressive gains.

Skiing1440

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
Do you guys make them for awd? Or is it just for rwd?

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
Quality looks great guys.

Skiing1440

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
I was just informed that they only fit on the rwd stingers. They should probably add that to the info.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I was just informed that they only fit on the rwd stingers. They should probably add that to the info.
Shitty! That rules out the entire Canadian market as we only get AWD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger

SSR will loss me, I will go with a JUN BL, they make it for AWD.

OP
S
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #12
Thanks for the headsup.

SSR will loss me, I will go with a JUN BL, they make it for AWD.

Guys, that is misinformation. These downpipes WILL FIT both the AWD and the RWD version. The AWD version come with a custom bracket plate that will allow the downpipes to work 100% with the AWD 3.3TT. Thanks!

Shah @ SSR Performance

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
Wish the guy I talked to on the phone the other day about it was more informed about them and not so rude. Not sure I would buy them after dealing with him.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Guys, that is misinformation. These downpipes WILL FIT both the AWD and the RWD version. The AWD version come with a custom bracket plate that will allow the downpipes to work 100% with the AWD 3.3TT. Thanks!

Shah @ SSR Performance

Thx for the good services my friend!!!! And so happy your product fit on AWD model!!!!

OP
S
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #15
Wish the guy I talked to on the phone the other day about it was more informed about them and not so rude. Not sure I would buy them after dealing with him.
Hey man! You probably talked to me! Hahah. Sorry to hear that I came off rude, its been super busy around the shop so I may have just been in a rush. Also, I probably wasn't as informed because I was still waiting on the AWD Stinger to come in so that I can be informed myself first rather than blurting our misinformation. Hope you understand!! :) Everything is set now and as you probably already read, these downpipes will also fit the AWD. Thanks brotha!

Thx for the good services my friend!!!! And so happy your product fit on AWD model!!!!
Thank you very much for the kind words :) I am as well!

Shah @ SSR Performance

OP
S
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #16
I ordered a set of down pipes from you guys a couple weeks ago.. I've sent several emails about if they would fit the AWD stinger, and filled out the contact thing on your site and haven't heard a word. I noticed you charged me for them almost immediately. If only your customer service was as quick to reply. If you could please tell us when they will start shipping that would be fantastic. I have my ARK Grip exhaust boxed and in my car ready for install (arrived today) and I want to know if I should wait to do the down pipes at the same time or if it's going to be a month. If it will be a month I'll do the exhaust now and DP's later.

I'm not mad, but in today's world everyone who has a business knows customer service is #1 priority or they will get eaten alive online. That said, very excited to receive your DP's.

Wait what?? Sorry to sound like I'm asking the obvious here, but did you not see the fitment update on every forum thread there is along with the 4-5 replies I made about the fact that the downpipes WILL in fact fit the AWD downpipes? Not to mention, the link that you used to purchase the downpipes made it very clear that the downpipes will be shipping by the end of September. That has not changed. Sorry if we haven't gotten back within the last couple days, one of our major staff members is on vacation and I'm handling most of the workload myself here so I am a little slower to get to all avenues of communication.

I am 100% about customer service, and most of the people on this forum can attest to that. You could have also called our phone line that's listed everywhere or simply PM'd me here. Please don't publicly say "you charged me for them almost immediately" and make it seem like I'm just here to take your money, because that is not the case. More than happy to help anyone whether you are a customer of ours or not. Hope you understand. Thanks.

Shah @ SSR Performance

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Great job guys. I'm surprised baseline was only 317whp.
317whp from a 365 hp is actually only a 13% powertrain loss. That's exceptional if you ask me! Averages are 15-18% powertrain loss.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
My SSR down pipes came in yesterday overnight from California to NY. Did not expect that for free shipping. You guys rock! They match the color, finish and diameter of my Ark Grip exhaust perfectly. The factory down pipes look puny compared to these. It's a shame they are under the car where nobody can see them. Will be installing hopefully tomorrow and will post back. The Ark Grip exhaust does have "some" drone at specific revs but I have to say I have already gotten pretty used to it. Hopefully with the new down pipes it does not get overwhelming. I will be sound deadening my trunk either way.

With just the new exhaust low end power didn't improve drastically but the high end definitely added more power. When you are already up to speed and gun it it still throws you back now. These down pipe should increase power through the entire RPM range. I'm also running a boost chip (LAP3 @93), K&N intakes, NGK plugs and I do have a dual catch can setup. These down pipes will finish out my performance mods....for now.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
My SSR down pipes came in yesterday overnight from California to NY. Did not expect that for free shipping. You guys rock! They match the color, finish and diameter of my Ark Grip exhaust perfectly. The factory down pipes look puny compared to these. It's a shame they are under the car where nobody can see them. Will be installing hopefully tomorrow and will post back. The Ark Grip exhaust does have "some" drone at specific revs but I have to say I have already gotten pretty used to it. Hopefully with the new down pipes it does not get overwhelming. I will be sound deadening my trunk either way.

With just the new exhaust low end power didn't improve drastically but the high end definitely added more power. When you are already up to speed and gun it it still throws you back now. These down pipe should increase power through the entire RPM range. I'm also running a boost chip (LAP3 @93), K&N intakes, NGK plugs and I do have a dual catch can setup. These down pipes will finish out my performance mods....for now.
I want a video of that f..king sound!!!!!!! [gunfire]