Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Joined the stinger club

strive

Reactions
City
strivia
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 stinger gt1
Proud owner of a 2020 awd gt1! Is there a new owner thread I should read somewhere? The previous owner installed remote start, and apparently did some kind of active exhaust mod but the dealer didn't give me any real details.
20220122_162257.jpg

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats and welcome aboard

OP
S

strive

Reactions
City
strivia
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 stinger gt1
Thread Starter #3
thanks!

I've got a couple questions if anyone is feeling helpful. First off what is the red asterisk looking indicator on my multimedia screen? It's in the upper right corner by the bluetooth indicator. Next, the A on the tachometer under the 5. I've read the owner manual and it seems like it indicates autostop, part of the idle stop and go system. Apparently it is supposed to be green but mine is always yellow and the car never turns off when I stop so I'm not sure whats going on there. Two more quick things, the previous owner had the bms dual intake installed which is great, but they removed the bottom half of the stock box that sits under the filters. I would think having those still there would help shield off the hot engine air right? Should I try and track some down? And finally, I noticed some bubbling on my hood near the vent looking things I suppose that this is from the paint protection? Any way to get that sealed back down and stop it from getting worse?

Heck while I'm at it, I'm thinking the first thing I should do is get a catch can installed. I suppose performance wise that exhaust, spark plugs and whatever tuning option I choose would be the next logical steps? Thanks in advance!

20220124_143254.jpg 20220124_143305.jpg