Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Is warranty covered?

Terry75

Reactions
City
New York City
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Hello,

I have a general question. Are the parking sensors covered by warranty? My car is a 2019 GT2 AWD with about 15k miles. I couldn't find anything in the forum related to parking sensors. So recently I've come across the "Check System" when I put my car into reverse and then to drive I get that message. There is not indication which sensor is the issue. I just get that triangle thing in the middle of the screens. I looked in Youtube for a quick fix only came across a trick from a BMW guy which says those sensors on the cars are pretty much the same and the trick is to use WD-40 and spray and wipe and it worked, also there were other people that did the same and had the same results. Sadly and with my luck it didn't work. So, I'm trying to see if the warranty covers that part. Cause each sensor I see online is about $105 each, and I'm afraid my dealership is going to tell me I need to replace all 8 of them. HELL NO!
Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Terry

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
If it's happening every time I would guess something is definitely wrong and it should be covered by warranty. Are you the original owner? If so you're still within the 5 yr/60k mile portion of warranty.

Joes GT2

Reactions
City
Euless
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT2
Hello,

I have a general question. Are the parking sensors covered by warranty? My car is a 2019 GT2 AWD with about 15k miles. I couldn't find anything in the forum related to parking sensors. So recently I've come across the "Check System" when I put my car into reverse and then to drive I get that message. There is not indication which sensor is the issue. I just get that triangle thing in the middle of the screens. I looked in Youtube for a quick fix only came across a trick from a BMW guy which says those sensors on the cars are pretty much the same and the trick is to use WD-40 and spray and wipe and it worked, also there were other people that did the same and had the same results. Sadly and with my luck it didn't work. So, I'm trying to see if the warranty covers that part. Cause each sensor I see online is about $105 each, and I'm afraid my dealership is going to tell me I need to replace all 8 of them. HELL NO!
Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Terry
Did you get these replaced/repaired?

OP
T

Terry75

Reactions
City
New York City
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #4
Did you get these replaced/repaired?
Unfortunately not yet. Problem is they dont have loaners for a day or two and need a daily driver. I can live with it as long as the front cam is working