Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

If you bought from Galpin Kia in LA - Warning

Jayemaich

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0
Just a warning for anyone who purchased at the now closed Galpin Kia and using Galpin for service. I purchased my Stinger from Galpin last August. I called them regarding service (I also had a free oil change) and they told me their Galpin Mazda dealership were handling all Kias now. However I would recommend you stay as far away as possible after my experience a few days ago. Dropped off at 1:30pm for its first service, after two hours I was told 5 more minutes, after another 30 minutes the service advisor asked my why i hadn't got my car yet and 30 minutes later he came back to tell me that another customer HAD TAKEN MY CAR!!! Some kid in his 20's who dropped off his old White Mazda 5 somehow did the paperwork, was handed my key, got to my car, drove to the exit, the security guard who scans the VIN and cross checks it opens the gate and off he goes. After several phone calls from the dealership, nearly two hours and 67 miles of joyriding he returns. At this point I'm obviously PISSED! Apparently he didnt notice the difference between an old white Mazda 5 and a 2018 Silver Stinger!!! I'm checking the car inside and out and next thing I see him drive away in his car, the service manager just let him go. He then had the balls to tell me "obviously we'll give you a full tank of gas to make things right".....WTF? Needless to say this isn't over. I've not heard great things about Glendale or Downtown but needless to say I won't be going back to Galpin.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Just a warning for anyone who purchased at the now closed Galpin Kia and using Galpin for service. I purchased my Stinger from Galpin last August. I called them regarding service (I also had a free oil change) and they told me their Galpin Mazda dealership were handling all Kias now. However I would recommend you stay as far away as possible after my experience a few days ago. Dropped off at 1:30pm for its first service, after two hours I was told 5 more minutes, after another 30 minutes the service advisor asked my why i hadn't got my car yet and 30 minutes later he came back to tell me that another customer HAD TAKEN MY CAR!!! Some kid in his 20's who dropped off his old White Mazda 5 somehow did the paperwork, was handed my key, got to my car, drove to the exit, the security guard who scans the VIN and cross checks it opens the gate and off he goes. After several phone calls from the dealership, nearly two hours and 67 miles of joyriding he returns. At this point I'm obviously PISSED! Apparently he didnt notice the difference between an old white Mazda 5 and a 2018 Silver Stinger!!! I'm checking the car inside and out and next thing I see him drive away in his car, the service manager just let him go. He then had the balls to tell me "obviously we'll give you a full tank of gas to make things right".....WTF? Needless to say this isn't over. I've not heard great things about Glendale or Downtown but needless to say I won't be going back to Galpin.
Wow that's insane, I would be extremely pissed off.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I would suggest doing a free consultation with a lawyer to see if there are any options. Who knows what kind of damage this person could have done to your car while on the joy ride.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Wow. That’s just...wow. I agree, lawyer up. I was a hairs breadth from getting my Stinger from Galpin Kia. Glad I didn’t

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I would suggest doing a free consultation with a lawyer to see if there are any options. Who knows what kind of damage this person could have done to your car while on the joy ride.
I agree with [MENTION=769]Colereihl[/MENTION], I would have came uncorked on someone in that place. You should have called the police and made sure that kid didn't leave. You know that kid was out revving the piss out of that car, I'm getting pissed just thinking about it. I would talk to a lawyer for sure or go to the media an put Galpin's ass on blast.

I know when I take my car in I tell them I don't want anyone in my car or driving my car that smells like gear oil or oil and they better be clean. That's just me though.