Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

I put in a LSD in my 3.3 GT

HawaiiPD

Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
On July 14, 2021 I had the Kia dealer in Honolulu install a new LSD I bought on E bay into my 2018 3.3 GT. They said it is a factory new part installed by a dealer, so the change is under the Kia warrantee. Filled the diff with Royal Purple 75-90 with LS additive.
Cost?, Rear diff delivered via UPS to my door $2250, labor =$360. Car has 3,400 miles 'cause I mostly drive my 2017 Genesis G 80
3.8 L.

Reactions
City
alexandria
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 GT
On July 14, 2021 I had the Kia dealer in Honolulu install a new LSD I bought on E bay into my 2018 3.3 GT. They said it is a factory new part installed by a dealer, so the change is under the Kia warrantee. Filled the diff with Royal Purple 75-90 with LS additive.
Cost?, Rear diff delivered via UPS to my door $2250, labor =$360. Car has 3,400 miles 'cause I mostly drive my 2017 Genesis G 80
3.8 L.
Is your stinger a rear wheel drive or AWD?

OP
H

HawaiiPD

Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #3
Mine is RWD only.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What are your initial impressions?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
was it just a plug an play job? or were there additional parts needed in order to install it

OP
H

HawaiiPD

Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #6
R and R and drive. The technician "may" have flashed the computer with the GT 1 specs, 'cause this model
has the LSD in as stock to be compatible with the traction control operated by the electrical anti lock brake system. I didn't buy the GT 1 cause the price was 8K over the GT. So I just bought a LSD and had the dealer R & R.
The tech just noted on the service order that the car drives as designed with the LSD.

My first impressions were that there was no changes to how it drives, no noises, no vibrations, car sounds and feels the same as before the change out.
I drove in a parking lot and made as tight a circle as possible, like 30 foot circle and there was no difference as compared to the open diff.

Last edited: