Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How To - Stinger Wiper Blade Replacement

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Step 1 - Move the service wiper to the Service position by turning on and then turning off your ignition, then move the wiper switch to the MIST position within 20 seconds and hold the switch more than 2 seconds until the wiper blade is in the fully up position.

Step 2 - Raise the wiper arm.

Step 3 - Lift up the wiper blade clip. Then pull down the blade assembly and remove it.

Step 4 - Install new blade assembly.

Step 5 - Return the wiper arm onto the windshield.

Step 6 - Turn ignition to the ON position and the wiper arms will return to the normal operating position.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
Thanks for this as most people may not know that you should follow your steps above or you may remove the paint from the inside edge of your hood as the arms rub against this area if you tried to just lift the wiper blade arms while they are in their regular resting position.
Great post!

Reactions
City
Beavercreek
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Cool! I love the "maintenance position" vs. just turn key off when wipers are in 'up' position ;)

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
I don't believe that works as when you turn off the engine, the wiper arms automatically go to their home position. If you try and lift the wiper arms from their home position, you will most likely rub up against the inside of your hood, possibly rubbing off the paint while you are at it. By the method above, you position the wiper arms where you can move the wiper arms and not touch the inside of your hood.
That's the difference and hope this saves someone from learning the hard way.
I haven't tried it yet, but know the wiper arms touch the inside of the hood if you lift them from their home position in trying to wash the windshield. Luckily, no paint was rubbed off.

Mr Gt2

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Gt2
Yea I figured this would be the case just like when I had my vw same setup.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Just replaced my wipers today, less than a year old.

Wilzer

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2005 Corvette
The factory blades deteriorate or wear out quick. Any recommendations for better blades :rolleyes: