Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Hi all

Reactions
City
VIC
State
AK
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Lexus
Hi All from sunny Melbourne Australia.

I've settled on buying a stinger and cant wait to have it in my hands. At this stage however my one concern is the issues with the 1st year models which from what I've read are rectified in later built models. So my question is from what build date onwards do you all think I should be looking at.

Also from your experiences what other things should I be looking for om inspection and test drive?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome, I have a 2019 which I bought on January 10th. I've had it now for 13 months an had no issues. I do believe it was the later 2018 models where the issues were corrected. Some of the minor issues you can correct yourself, If I were you I would be looking for a 2019 to present models...

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
My May 2018 build has had only the brake pulsating problem. No series issues yet since buying it in August ‘18

OP
F
Reactions
City
VIC
State
AK
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Lexus
Thread Starter #4
Welcome, I have a 2019 which I bought on January 10th. I've had it now for 13 months an had no issues. I do believe it was the later 2018 models where the issues were corrected. Some of the minor issues you can correct yourself, If I were you I would be looking for a 2019 to present models...
Im looking at one with a release date of June 2018, build date of august 2018 and compliance date of November 2018. Would that cut it as late 2018 do you think?

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Im looking at one with a release date of June 2018, build date of august 2018 and compliance date of November 2018. Would that cut it as late 2018 do you think?

That looks more like early 2019 model.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I think @CKeeler is right, sounds like a 2019 that late in the year..

OP
F
Reactions
City
VIC
State
AK
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Lexus
Thread Starter #7