Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Fuel pump sending unit

Reactions
City
Bartlett
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Stinger GT
Horrible experience with Roadside Assistance and Customer Service- but that’s a different forthcoming post.
I bought a 21 GT in April 2021. Within 300 miles, car broke down; engine stopped. Dealer in Elgin said it was the fuel pump. 30 days later...they said the car was ready. I picked it up on Friday and on Saturday, same issue. Car slows, no throttle, engine stops.
this time I was in Indiana. This dealer said the fuel pump was never replaced! He and I figured out the fuel sending unit was clogged. The fuel gauge read there was plenty of gas, however the tank was empty- this why the car stopped. Now, waiting 3+weeks for a new fuel pump. Point is, the sending unit is getting clogged. I’ll keep you posted. Apparently there are NO fuel pumps in the country!!!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Are you sure it needs a fuel pump?

Don't all signs point to it only needing a fuel level sending unit?

Or is it that this is one combined component, where the sending unit is part of the fuel pump assembly?

Reactions
City
mountain lakes
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Sringer GT AWD
Sorry to hear that. Please let us know how it goes and what the real problem was.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

OP
T
Reactions
City
Bartlett
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #4
Are you sure it needs a fuel pump?

Don't all signs point to it only needing a fuel level sending unit?

Or is it that this is one combined component, where the sending unit is part of the fuel pump assembly?

It’s all one component including the sending unit.