Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

First Time Stinger Owner

Reactions
City
Grand Prairie
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Stinger GT1
This is my 3rd KIA purchase in a row. I first purchased the 2014 Optima SX Turbo and after that, I purchased the 2018 Cadenza, and six days ago I purchased the 2022 Singer GT1. I bought the GT1 thinking that it had certain features, but I am having second thoughts of whether or not if I should have purchased the GT2 just because there are some features that I was under the impression that came with the GT1, but instead it only comes with the GT2 and now I don't feel as good about my purchase as I did the day I bought it. Just so you know, I have already paid the down payment and signed all of the paperwork, but I am still waiting for it to come in. So, I am up in the air on what I should do at the moment.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome & congratulations

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Man that sucks. I've been in that situation, where the excitement about picking up a new car dissipates when something about the car or deal isn't what you expected.

That's a lot of money to spend on something you're not sure you'll be happy with. Are you 100% set on the 22 model? Any chance your dealer could work something out and get you in a better equipped, leftover 21 GT1 instead?

Whatever you decide, good luck to you.

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
This is my 3rd KIA purchase in a row. I first purchased the 2014 Optima SX Turbo and after that, I purchased the 2018 Cadenza, and six days ago I purchased the 2022 Singer GT1. I bought the GT1 thinking that it had certain features, but I am having second thoughts of whether or not if I should have purchased the GT2 just because there are some features that I was under the impression that came with the GT1, but instead it only comes with the GT2 and now I don't feel as good about my purchase as I did the day I bought it. Just so you know, I have already paid the down payment and signed all of the paperwork, but I am still waiting for it to come in. So, I am up in the air on what I should do at the moment.
I see you have two different posts regarding your concerns, and that your other post actually mentions the issues as being the sound system and ventilated seats.

#1 I have the base GT with the 9 speaker system and it is more than adequate, very good actually so for me it was a non issue.
#2 I had a Taurus SHO with ventilated seats and almost never used it, heated seats though is a must.
#2 You are still getting a car that undercuts it's direct competitors by at least $10k-$15k, so be happy.

OP
Garylh1969

Garylh1969

Reactions
City
Grand Prairie
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #5
Man that sucks. I've been in that situation, where the excitement about picking up a new car dissipates when something about the car or deal isn't what you expected.

That's a lot of money to spend on something you're not sure you'll be happy with. Are you 100% set on the 22 model? Any chance your dealer could work something out and get you in a better equipped, leftover 21 GT1 instead?

Whatever you decide, good luck to you.
No sir! I went ahead and sold it back to them and bought the 2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green paint scheme. It is the only year that this color is available, so I bought it due to the rarity of it. Since, they are only offering this paint scheme for the 2022 only, I figure that there will not be very many of these made in this color.

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Wow, I sense somone took a financial beating ...