Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Exhaust questions

V8EATR

Reactions
City
Anytown
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
19 Stinger
Hello all. New to the Kia world. Just picked up a 2019 Stinger GT AWD on Monday. Very happy with it. As far as I can tell, it has some aftermarket CAI's on it, BOV's that have been opened to atmosphere instead of recirc, a secondary down pipe replacement and a muffler delete. I spoke with Burger Motorsports and ordered the HKS plugs and a JB4 as my next mod. I noticed the factory exhaust has an x/h pipe deal and it looks pretty restrictive. Any gains to be had there? It sounds ok right now, a bit raspy maybe under load but at idle and low speed its good. Thanks for any info.

Edit: I guess I'm looking to get easy power, not looking to go crazy here. I have an LS swapped 94 Mustang with an 80/96 turbo on it that handles the times I wanna shit my pants while driving. This is just a fun daily for me. I just did a dragy run in 3300' DA and got 13.2@106 which I feel is a good starting point.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome & congratulations, you will be fine with the X-pipe. You will notice a big difference with the JB4, I use to run a JB4 an love it but I ended up going a different rout with a ECU tune..

Omega

Reactions
City
Bushnell
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
the factory exhaust doesn't come with an x pipe, it's just a metal bracing between the two pipes, I have an x pipe, muffler delete, resonator delete, and secondary cat delete and it sounds pretty nice in my opinion and has a lot of burbles and pops when I let off the throttle.

OP
V

V8EATR

Reactions
City
Anytown
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
19 Stinger
Thread Starter #4
I did certainly notice the pops on decel. I like it. If there isn't any power to be had, I'm just going to leave it.

kstang

Reactions
City
Concord
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT1
I just bought a 2020 GT1....what suggestions out there as far as exhaust? I’m looking for some burbles and popcorn.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome @kstang, Borla is your best bet but it is very loud..