Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Engine bogging down during launch mode run!

Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Pearl Stinger GT-line 2.5L AWD
Hello!

Currently testing my 2022 Kia Stinger AWD GT-line 2.5L and having an issue during 1st gear acceleration using launch mode. Traction/Stability disabled, auto & hold disabled. Launch after ~ 2 or 3 seconds... as I approach 4k - 5k rpms... engine bogs... stays in first until it drops down to around 3.5 - 4k then shifts into 2nd and is fine after that. If i don't use launch mode or accelerate from 5mph - 60mph it's fine... shifts ~ 6500 rpms. Could be the fuel pump issue... but then why does it happen only using launch mode...? Limp mode... don't know why it would do that with everything disabled. It's on & off... happens around 50% of the time only using launch mode. Any ideas as to why this is happening would help! Thanks!

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
This is going to sound silly I know and who knows if it will do anything, but it certainly couldn't hurt to try; have you tried disconnecting the battery for awhile to completely reset everything? That's what I used to do when I would start having timing issues and it always amazed me how much better the car ran after a reset.

Again, who knows if it will help but couldn't hurt to try, if you haven't already.