Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Cargo / Luggage cover - included or not?

Bandalo

Reactions
City
COLORADO SPRINGS
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
I'm looking at a sweet deal on a new 2019 GT2. Apparently it was at the dealership for a while due to needing a replacement trunk lid following a fender bender.

During my test drive yesterday I noticed the cargo or luggage cover wasn't there. This is the one that sits in the tracks above the trunk floor and hangs from the hooks behind the rear glass. I'm suspecting it was misplaced when they did the replacement of the lid. However the dealer said it's not normally included, and it's an optional accessory.

Did everyone else get the cargo cover included?

Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
Yes and I have a bare bones base model....

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Mine came with the car, as far as I know it comes with the car, dealer is lying to you..

OP
B

Bandalo

Reactions
City
COLORADO SPRINGS
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys, that what I was thinking, but I couldn't find anything definitive online.

I've e-mailed back to the dealer and I'll see what they say. It's not a deal breaker if they really want to push it though. This is a 2019 GT2 for $37k. Hard to argue much at that point!

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Dealer is lying. It’s standard equipment

Reactions
City
St. Louis
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2 AWD
Although I understand it's not a deal breaker for you, you may still want to get one. Without it you will have increased noise in the cabin from the rear area. Nothing crazy but it is noticeable. Just my .02

OP
B

Bandalo

Reactions
City
COLORADO SPRINGS
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #8
I picked up the car this morning and talked to the dealer. He was confused and thought I was talking about the optional cargo mat accessory. Once we straightened it out, he agreed it was a standard item. So he grabbed one out of another Stinger on the lot and put it in my car without any complaints.

Thanks everyone for the input and info!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I picked up the car this morning and talked to the dealer. He was confused and thought I was talking about the optional cargo mat accessory. Once we straightened it out, he agreed it was a standard item. So he grabbed one out of another Stinger on the lot and put it in my car without any complaints.
That's great that the dealer took care of you....(y)

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States

Thanks everyone for the input and info!
Good to hear

Reactions
City
Mccormick
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2
Will that fender bender show up on Carfaxs? If so you will have dismissed value. Maybe not cause it wasn’t sold yet. Although they must report other damage like water and hail. It’s a great deal for a GT2 for $37k. That like $15k off MSRP.

OP
B

Bandalo

Reactions
City
COLORADO SPRINGS
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #12
Will that fender bender show up on Carfaxs? If so you will have dismissed value. Maybe not cause it wasn’t sold yet. Although they must report other damage like water and hail. It’s a great deal for a GT2 for $37k. That like $15k off MSRP.
I was told it wouldn't show up, but I haven't checked personally.