Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

cabin air filter infestation

Reactions
Just a heads up so this dosn"t happen to you there is apparently no screen or mesh over the air inlet behind the fuse block in the stinger,, a 3 by 7 inch opening is wide open to all sorts of wildlife, like 3 dead baby mice on top of the cabin filter element, causing a frantic washing and searching all over the interior and undercarrage/ wheel wells for the godawful roadkill smell, until I removed the glove box door ( not in the manual) to access the filter and found the G A smell I would think KIA would have a 1/4 inch metal mesh on this opening (so it can't be chewed thru) or maybe my GT missed getting a screen during assembly
save yourself, if you have any rodents with access to your Stinger, getting the smell out when it's 90 degrees and you can't run th AC, all windows down and a fan inside for 8 hours is helping I can't believe KIA missed something this simple but very aggravating

Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
Yick... and I thought the leaves in mine were bad. Clogged one caused me grief recently.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Yuck. I’ll have to check mine. My car stays in the garage, but we did have a mouse in the garage a few months back