Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

ARK Performance GT-F vs STORM Lowering Springs - Help?

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Hey everyone- I am thinking of buying and installing lowering springs in my '18 Stinger GT2 AWD. I am looking for honest feedback from people that actually have these installed - please help me make a decision. Here are the two factors for me:

1. Retain factory/OEM ride - very important. I just drive this thing to work and back, in traffic, on a highway. I live in MN and the roads are HORRIBLE. If you live in AZ or something, you don't know! :)
2. Eliminate the gap as much as possible. Really is why I would like to lower the car.

The Stinger can be soft sometimes, but generally I am ok with it in Sport mode. It's a GT car and I like to keep it this way.

SO - should I get STORM or ARK Performance GT-F springs?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Hey everyone- I am thinking of buying and installing lowering springs in my '18 Stinger GT2 AWD. I am looking for honest feedback from people that actually have these installed - please help me make a decision. Here are the two factors for me:

1. Retain factory/OEM ride - very important. I just drive this thing to work and back, in traffic, on a highway. I live in MN and the roads are HORRIBLE. If you live in AZ or something, you don't know! :)
2. Eliminate the gap as much as possible. Really is why I would like to lower the car.

The Stinger can be soft sometimes, but generally I am ok with it in Sport mode. It's a GT car and I like to keep it this way.

SO - should I get STORM or ARK Performance GT-F springs?

The ARK springs with give you the mildest drop.

If you want something lower, so far everyone that has installed Eibach Pro kit has been very happy. https://www.kiastinger.org/threads/422-Kia-Stinger-Eibach-Lowering-Springs

OP
M
Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the reply MiBlugt! I am also considering Eibach Pro, but like you said, ARK is a bit milder, so I thought maybe a better ride. Actually the STORM springs seem to be even more mild - less than 1".

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
The ARK are the way to go in my opinion. It offers an even drop front and back (issue with eibachs and RWD Stingers) and does not sacrifice too much ride height, compared to other options in the market (important for daily drivers). Also they perform similar to the eibachs.

OP
M
Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #5
I'll take opinions, but anyone with any of these actually installed on their AWD Stinger?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thanks for the reply MiBlugt! I am also considering Eibach Pro, but like you said, ARK is a bit milder, so I thought maybe a better ride. Actually the STORM springs seem to be even more mild - less than 1".
Go with the Ark springs, considering you live in winter conditions I wouldn't go too low.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
I'm AWD with Ark springs. I've had them on for nearly 3 months now and I daily drive my car. Ride is still fantastic and I would highly recommend them.

celwin

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Infiniti
For those who own the Ark springs. Are you springs unevenly cut at their very tips? Especially the rear ones? like it's not a clean cut but a little jagged.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I’m interested too, keep the responses coming.

fatboyNC

Reactions
City
Southern Pines
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2, RWD
old thread but just installed the Ark GT F springs. look is good, car is a bit firmer but in comfort mode it's still more than fine. I've had several cars prior to this on H&R's, and while I never had problems or anything, the H&R's are just a bit too harsh for daily driving. The Ark springs noticeably improved the handling and body roll, while still keeping the ride closer to stock from a comfort perspective. good compromise!

bbarsch93

Reactions
City
Waukesha
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 3.3t GT2
old thread but just installed the Ark GT F springs. look is good, car is a bit firmer but in comfort mode it's still more than fine. I've had several cars prior to this on H&R's, and while I never had problems or anything, the H&R's are just a bit too harsh for daily driving. The Ark springs noticeably improved the handling and body roll, while still keeping the ride closer to stock from a comfort perspective. good compromise!
Thanks for the update. I have been wanting to lower my g70 for a while. I do not want to change the ride quality too much as some roads around me are harsh. How does ark gt-f compare in comfort mode to OEM in any other mode? Does anyone else have more input on the ride quality of ark gt-f vs oem. Thank you!