Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Anyone considering getting the new Toyota Supra?

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
https://www.yahoo.com/news/review-2020-toyota-supra-worth-100135902.html

"Coming 40 years after the debut of the original Toyota Supra, the new sports car is pretty much everything its fans were hoping for. Journalists who came away from the event were all but uniformly impressed. It's all the more impressive when you consider the $49,990 base price, before the $930 delivery fee, is actually less than what you'd have paid for the previous-generation Supra more than two decades ago.

There will be three versions available, including the "base" Supra 3.0, the 3.0 Premium, at $54,920 and a limited-run Launch Edition, at $56,180. All three share the same powertrain and adaptive suspension system. The Premium adds niceties like an 8.8-inch touchscreen, a head-up display and 12-speaker JBL sound system. And the Launch Edition, limited to 1,500 cars, kicks in red mirror caps, black wheels, a red leather interior and a special, commemorative plaque.

We expect Toyota will sell out the Launch Edition but even company officials are hesitant to predict how the 2020 Supra will fare overall in today's marketplace. As good as this new entry may be, and it completely squashed our skepticism, the sports car market is a shadow of its former glory.

But there are still some buyers who want something unique and exciting, something that delivers the sort of passion you can't find in an SUV or CUV. For them, the 2020 Toyota Supra would be well worth checking out."

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
Yep, I have a black Launch Edition on order through the dealership where I work. A Toyota representative couldn't say the exact delivery date (ETA is from May through July).

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Saw this at the auto show last year, I really like it.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1
Looks smushed. I'd like it better if it was a bit more like the bottom image.
Longer.jpg

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
Mine has a delivery schedule for early July, likely mid-late July.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Sorry guys not a big fan of the new Supra, to me it's just a Z4 with a new Toyota body on it. The new Supra should have been made by Toyota, including the drivetrain and if it was I would look at it differently. I guess I just can't steer away from the 90's Supra an the 2JZ engine, that is one badass combo for a car.[ohcrap]

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2