Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

2021 KIA Stinger vs. Telluride vs. Genesis G80

Reactions
City
Hanover
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
Dodge Durango SRT
1 minute ago

I'm having trouble picking which vehicle to purchase next I own an Dodge Durango SRT and it burns gas like crazy im looking for something more economical. Im having a tough decision on purchasing 2021 Stinger or Telluride or Genesis G80 I want them with AWD and high power V6 engines.

Reactions
City
La Vergne
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT Indigo Edition
I think it would matters what you value the most.. if you want to stay with an suv and better economy, the telluride is the obvious choice, 26 mpg highway etc, but it definitely won't be as quick or powerful as the stinger or g80 which gets similar mpg but much faster of course... of course the gv80 is coming with the 3.5tt but that probably won't be much better in efficiency than the srt at 23mpg highway but still better .. The g80 is definitely a much more luxurious, solid, softer, and quieter drive than the stinger but just about as quick. I say all this assuming you would be looking at the top engine choice in the stinger and g80, if not then the performance levels out closer to the tellurides NA v6 power.

Obviously we went with stinger as the looks, hatchback, performance is what we were looking for. I think the decision will be much easier once you have driven them all and know what qualities you determine wins for you.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Stinger will probably net you better fuel economy. But like was already said, if you like driving an SUV, then the Telluride is better for you. The G80 is a bigger car by just a bit, but the practicality of the Stinger smokes it

OP
Sting Meister
Reactions
City
Hanover
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
Dodge Durango SRT
Thread Starter #4
I think it would matters what you value the most.. if you want to stay with an suv and better economy, the telluride is the obvious choice, 26 mpg highway etc, but it definitely won't be as quick or powerful as the stinger or g80 which gets similar mpg but much faster of course... of course the gv80 is coming with the 3.5tt but that probably won't be much better in efficiency than the srt at 23mpg highway but still better .. The g80 is definitely a much more luxurious, solid, softer, and quieter drive than the stinger but just about as quick. I say all this assuming you would be looking at the top engine choice in the stinger and g80, if not then the performance levels out closer to the tellurides NA v6 power.

Obviously we went with stinger as the looks, hatchback, performance is what we were looking for. I think the decision will be much easier once you have driven them all and know what qualities you determine wins for you.

OP
Sting Meister
Reactions
City
Hanover
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
Dodge Durango SRT
Thread Starter #5
Thank yall for the input im just going to test drive all the vehicles I mentioned and get a feel for each of them.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Seems like a strange combination to cross shop (sedan vs SUV), but I like the durango SRT and Stinger most in the lot. Those are the sportiest of the four vehicles you mentioned - the stinger winning the prize of course. I've found the durango to be one of the better handling SUVs out there (though still top-heavy compared to a low-slung sports sedan), so I'm guessing you won't like how the telluride compares. I'd only consider the telluride if you need the volumetric space and if that's the case, I'd go with a minivan (they have the same v6 power!)...I have a Pacifica and they're excellent. The stinger's a wonderful car - we even considered a second one. I value sportiness and practicality over luxury, but you may have other priorities. All vehicles you mentioned are nice, so I don't think you can go wrong as a vehicle unless it doesn't suit your needs. Let us know where you end up!

OP
Sting Meister
Reactions
City
Hanover
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
Dodge Durango SRT
Thread Starter #7
Not strange at all either I still want an SUV or imma get a car nothing wrong with cross shopping. I already own the Dodge Durango SRT imma trade that in for 1 of the 3 vehicles I mentioned. I dont want no soccer mom van even though it does look good. Yeah imma just have to test drive them all.

OP
Sting Meister
Reactions
City
Hanover
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
Dodge Durango SRT
Thread Starter #8
I think imma go with the Stinger as I need a car now can't wait til January for the G80.

Attachments

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
That's what I'd do! Hope you enjoy.

Reactions
City
pleasant garden
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 g70 awd 3.3 sport.
I'm not going to lie I absolutely hate SUVs so yeah get a kia stinger please. We don't need any more bread boxes on the road.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
Sting Meister
Reactions
City
Hanover
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
Dodge Durango SRT
Thread Starter #11
I'm not going to lie I absolutely hate SUVs so yeah get a kia stinger please. We don't need any more bread boxes on the road.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Naw im with you on that even though I'm coming from an Dodge Durango SRT.

OP
Sting Meister
Reactions
City
Hanover
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
Dodge Durango SRT
Thread Starter #13
I want the sportiness and be able to hug the road more.