Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

0-60 Pulls. Pretty Impressed!

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Evening,

Did a few pulls tonight. It's been above 90 for the past week during the day so I haven't had much pickings when it came to perfect timing. Draggy is cool and I'm glad I invested in one.

Only mod is drop in K&N filters.

Quickest Valid 0-60 mph: 4.52 sec

Quickest of the night w/2.74 slope: 4.45 sec

I see this as a real world test and I am haunted by DA. It was consistently 3600 ft. What this means is there is more to be had. I did about 8 runs with my first being 4.78 sec. Getting on a prepped surface will give a bit better gauge as to where I am. Since this was on a long stretch, country road, there was not much traction. I meant to take air out of the tires because the are sitting at 39 PSI all around. a few less PSI and I'll hook a better. A little wheel spin helps and not having any wheel spin can bog the motor.

See below for runs. Regardless of the 4.7 sec Kia stated from the factory, this is quite impressive considering the price/RWD/lack of mods. I'm considering JB4 but do not want to dig into changing the plugs. I know I'll have to from what everyone is saying but it's under warranty; why risk it? I'm sure I'll risk it LOL I hope to have a few more runs when it's cooler and with a lower DA. Should have a couple Thursdays off and will take it to the local drag strip on Test and Tune nights. Those will be recorded as well.

Figured I'd share with you guys. What times are you all seeing?

Stinger 2.png Stinger 3.png Stinger 1.png

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Excellent times. You're probably smart not to go with a jb4, believe me it just opens a Pandora's box of wanting to go faster and faster. When I got this car I was more than happy with 365 hp, but now, even at 450 whp and consistent 4.2 to 60, I'm itching for more since I know it's capable of more. 😒

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #3
Excellent times. You're probably smart not to go with a jb4, believe me it just opens a Pandora's box of wanting to go faster and faster. When I got this car I was more than happy with 365 hp, but now, even at 450 whp and consistent 4.2 to 60, I'm itching for more since I know it's capable of more. 😒
That's an astute comment to make because you're exactly right. I've had my fair share of power throughout the past decade of driving and I'll always want more.

I'm not totally convinced a 4.2 sec is the best you can get out of it. I'm speculating that I am around 320whp with drop in k&n filters. That's over 130 whp from yours so I think you would be more than 2 tenths quicker. Are you AWD or RWD?

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
That's an astute comment to make because you're exactly right. I've had my fair share of power throughout the past decade of driving and I'll always want more.

I'm not totally convinced a 4.2 sec is the best you can get out of it. I'm speculating that I am around 320whp with drop in k&n filters. That's over 130 whp from yours so I think you would be more than 2 tenths quicker. Are you AWD or RWD?
I'm RWD, which is why I'm stuck at 4.2. I get massive wheelspin when trying to launch from a dig, so, the extra power from mods doesn't make itself handy until after 60, where I've cut over a full second and added 10-12 mph by end of the quarter mile (low 12s at 116-118 mph).

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #5
I'm RWD, which is why I'm stuck at 4.2. I get massive wheelspin when trying to launch from a dig, so, the extra power from mods doesn't make itself handy until after 60, where I've cut over a full second and added 10-12 mph by end of the quarter mile (low 12s at 116-118 mph).
Not sure if you have seen the video, but there is a guy that launches from 2nd and gives him better times. He's running JB4 as well and has traction issues. That seemed to have solved his issues. I tried it once and forgot i had the shifter in "manual" and hit the rev limiter pretty flippin hard LOL

Give the 2nd gear launch a try and see if that works. Glad to hear about the gains in trap speeds on JB4. I'm closer and closer to hitting the Order button... :rolleyes:

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Not sure if you have seen the video, but there is a guy that launches from 2nd and gives him better times. He's running JB4 as well and has traction issues. That seemed to have solved his issues. I tried it once and forgot i had the shifter in "manual" and hit the rev limiter pretty flippin hard LOL

Give the 2nd gear launch a try and see if that works. Glad to hear about the gains in trap speeds on JB4. I'm closer and closer to hitting the Order button... :rolleyes:
I've tried the 2nd gear launch a couple of times. I've read the transmission can handle it but from behind the wheel it doesn't feel like it, at least in my case; it really seems to strain.

The jb4 has a cool feature where you can limit boost in the first 3 gears to control wheelspin. I'm gonna have to play around with that one day and get it figured out. That, or just buy an AWD next time. 😂

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Quickest Valid 0-60 mph: 4.52 sec

Quickest of the night w/2.74 slope: 4.45 sec
C&D ran 0-60 mph in 4.4 sec on a preproduction Stinger GT RWD. Seems about right for stock:
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15075950/2018-kia-stinger-gt-test-review/

Zero to 60 mph: 4.4 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 10.6 sec
Zero to 140 mph: 22.4 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.0 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.5 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.2 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 12.9 sec @ 111 mph
Top speed (gov ltd, mfr's claim): 167 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 156 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.93 g

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Has anyone been able to beat C&D's 3.3L bone stock 0-60 times of 4.4 sec (RWD) and 4.6 sec (AWD)?

buddy712

Reactions
City
South Elgin
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Genesis G70
Anyone with a draggy tried a 2nd gear launch? It does feel quicker without the sloppy shift from 1st to 2nd but I don't yet have any way to measure?

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Generally, 2nd gear launches are only quicker if the car is losing massive amounts of traction in first gear (like a Hellcat).

That is not the case with our cars, so we'd be losing tons of torque multiplication with 2nd gear launches.

Corleone1

Reactions
City
Norrköping
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
2018 Stinger 3.3 AWD
A screenshot from JB4 log. No launch, just step on. 0-100 km/h = 0-62 mil/h
New best result: 4.1 seconds in JB4 log - 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CaliSting Photos & Media 6