Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

The Kia Stinger GT Gets to 60 in 4.9 Seconds

Kia Stinger News

Staff Member
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
[video=youtube;Z9cnf4OOBZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9cnf4OOBZk[/video]
That's 0.2 seconds quicker than what the current BMW 440i Gran Coupe, for considerably less money.

There are multiple reasons why one should get excited about the Kia Stinger GT. For starters, it's a rear-wheel drive four-door packing a brand new 3.3 twin-turbo V6. That engine produces 365 horsepower and 376 pound-feet of torque, and that, according to Kia is good enough for a 0-62mph sprint in 4.9 seconds. Of course the GT will also be available with all-wheel drive, as well as a 2.0 turbo and a diesel engine in certain markets.

Going back to the range-topping GT version, if you think 4.9 seconds is not that impressive, consider that a Mercedes-AMG C43 sedan and an Audi S5 Sportback are only 0.2 seconds quicker off the line, which is marginal on the road, and becomes even less of a factor when you look at the price difference between these cars. The Stinger GT is expected to cost "under $50,000", and it's no secret that Kia wanted to create a budget BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe.

That's why the car was developed at the N?rburgring under the direction of none other than Albert Biermann, the former VP of Engineering at BMW M. With that in mind, we expect this Kia to handle like no Korean car ever before. Perhaps unsurprisingly, even R&T contributor/industry legend Bob Lutz became a fan of this Kia at the Detroit Auto Show.

Reactions
State
PR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Azera
That's why I can't wait to drive it !! Rear wheel drive with GT tuning in Korea it's not common