Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Suspension longevity

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I know there are some here that have placed coilovers on their Stingers. But has anyone put enough miles on to warrant having to replace the stock shocks and struts? Just wondering how long the factory Kia parts actually last. I'm at 25k miles. Still crossing my fingers Bilstein will release parts before I need to replace mine.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
The stock shocks should last 80 to 85 thousand mile, depends on how hard you are on them and how crappy the roads are that you drive on.

i went 90 thousand miles in my Altima 3.5 before i changed them and the only reason i changed them was, I was stationed at Fort Drum in upstate New York. The rust got to them.

OP
CKeeler

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
The stock shocks should last 80 to 85 thousand mile, depends on how hard you are on them and how crappy the roads are that you drive on.

i went 90 thousand miles in my Altima 3.5 before i changed them and the only reason i changed them was, I was stationed at Fort Drum in upstate New York. The rust got to them.
That’s what I was hoping for. Maybe it was just in my head last night, but the front end felt bumpy traveling down the freeway in parts I know don’t feel like that. The shocks and struts in my Mustang lasted around 90k. Just replaced the Monroe shocks on my wife’s car and they only lasted maybe 40k.
Here’s hoping it’s just all in my head

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Definitely will last you more than 60k miles, if they fail earlier remember, we have a 10 year warranty ;)