Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

P0301

Reactions
City
clinton
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
22' Stinger GT Line
Hello everyone. Sorry that my first post is asking for help but I really need some advice. I bought a used 22' GT Line less than a month ago with only 17k mileage. Not even 2 weeks with it and I got the check engine light and the P0301. Took it to the dealer and they fixed I believe the sparkplugs (sorry don't know a whole lot about cars). Next day same thing. Took it back and after not finding exactly what is wrong with it, they say that the KIA people, the ones above the dealer I suppose, want to replace the engine. I know all that should be covered under the warranty but is that normal? To go from a cylinder misfire to a new engine? A 2 yr old car with 17k miles on it? That I've only driven to and from work and haven't even put 500 miles in it myself? That is a certified pre-owned from a KIA dealer? It doesn't make sense to me. Anyway... any help is much appreciated.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome aboard, sorry to hear you're having problems, The only thing I can say is, buying a used car like a stinger, you don't know how the first owner treated the car. Some of these cars have had misfire problems & it ended up being a coil pack, that's something to check. I personally don't take my car to the dealership because I don't trust them, so I have a good friend of mine I go to. I hope you figure it out.