Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Oil Catch Can - Evidence-Based Study?

Reactions
City
Northern
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 GT2 AWD
Greetings Fellow Enthusiasts!

I have searched these forums for a factual study of OCC effectiveness on the 3.3L V-6 Stinger GT, and can find no one-stop-shop of data.

For the sake of accurate data collection, it would be interesting if actual drivers of this exact vehicle & engine, who have OCCs installed, could weigh-in with their results-based statistics, to include (at minimum):
* Ounces of gunk collected per 1,000 miles - average
* Content (by appearance) of gunk - fuel / oil / water
* Type of average driving - city / highway / track, easy / aggressive, sport / eco mode, etc
* Type of device fitted - single or double collection can
* On double cans, amount of gunk collected from each
* Lists of all other engine modifications
* Any other personally observed fact-based info

Will eagerly look forward to seeing what's posted!

ht_addict

Reactions
City
Hamilton
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT Limited
I installed an OCC in my Kia Optima and it captured oil. I have one in my Stinger.

Attachments

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
My car is stock tune and I dump out the catch can at every oil change. I use to drive a lot of highway miles so the build up wasn’t too much, maybe 4-5oz per oil change. Now my driving is a lot less because of having a job closer to home (PTL!), so I haven’t checked it in a few months.
When I would change it out it would definitely be a good mix of oil and water. One time it had a lot of milky sludge in the bottom.