Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New DIY Remote Start Coming Soon

Reactions
City
Washington
State
DC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1 AWD
Please read me! TL/DR? Go all the way to the bottom

Interested in a remote start with smartphone capability you could install yourself and save a bunch of money? Read on...you’ll be glad you did.

Hey friends,

I’m working with N2 Designs (in my opinion the best remote start company to work with) on getting pricing and options for a remote start system. They normally have a plug and play system where just about anyone is skilled enough to install it but right now it’s in the beta development stage. What this means is they are going to be sending me a kit for me to install, check functionality, and I will doing an install video with a friend to make sure ANYone could do this with just a few cheap tools from harbor freight. I estimate the cost in a group buy for these to be around $400 with smartphone module or if you just want to have a regular remote start, it will likely be between $200 and $250. I had this kit on my Tacoma and it was amazing! Engine start, stop, lock, unlock, and even battery life status with live updates any time. I even validated the readings on my phone with a multimeter and it was .1 volts off. The annual fee for the smartphone module is typically $40.

If this interests you, please say “Interested” so I know to send you more details as they become available. It’s my mission to get this out there to all Stinger folks and save our community a bit of money. Plus, you know the quality of your work. Being able to install mods yourself not only gives you a greater sense of pride in your vehicle, but also a sense of accomplishment.

TL/DR:

Here’s a option to save money, install your own remote start with smartphone control capabilities and ensure it’s done right by you the first time. This will be far less complicated than the K8SS Canbus Control Module. Not knocking it. It’s cool, but most of us don’t need and will never use all of those controls.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
I'm looking for something like this, there are other options out there but want to know if they work with the Stinger. I think the bypass modules might be the way to go. I have a 2019 GT2 without factory auto start.

OP
T
Reactions
City
Washington
State
DC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1 AWD
Thread Starter #3
Price for mine will be coming out soon but yeah this will be a lot easier and cheaper than other aftermarket options. Doing install with video soon!
I'm looking for something like this, there are other options out there but want to know if they work with the Stinger. I think the bypass modules might be the way to go. I have a 2019 GT2 without factory auto start.

ChrisGT2

Reactions
City
Birmingham
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Panthera Metal GT2 Stinger
I would be interested also. 2019 GT2

Reactions
I'm interested. I installed the K8SS Canbus Control Module last year and with the factory fob you have to be fairly close to the vehicle for it to work. I would really like the smartphone option. Kia really failed us on this one for such a nice vehicle.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Interested 2018 GT1

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
OP
T
Reactions
City
Washington
State
DC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1 AWD
Thread Starter #8
I’m sorry to report but this didn’t work out. A wiring harness is needed to make it work and has not yet been released. Sorry folks.

Reactions
City
Mccormick
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2
What is the purpose for remote start? I have in another vehicle and in 3 years I have not used it once.
just curious what is attraction

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
What is the purpose for remote start? I have in another vehicle and in 3 years I have not used it once.
just curious what is attraction
Being that I live in Arizona, If your car is outside during the day it can reach 150 degrees inside your car. Remote start will allow you to cool your car off & it's the opposite in the winter..

OP
T
Reactions
City
Washington
State
DC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1 AWD
Thread Starter #11
I ended up having to toss out this idea. It didn’t work out BUT Best Buy does install remote start and drone mobile together for less than $500.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
That was very anticlimactic. LOL