Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Hello

Kingmass17

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Sportage
Hi All,

New to the forum. Hoping to purchase my Stinger GT2 soon. I?m in New England and have been getting quotes in the $48,500 - $49,000 range.....but I?m working hard to get that!! I think that?s pretty good? Just can?t decide Between the red with black interior or the black with red interior? I want black on black but it doesn?t seem to be an option....

What?s the consensus here? HiChroma Red or Aurora Black? Thanks

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Hi All,

New to the forum. Hoping to purchase my Stinger GT2 soon. I?m in New England and have been getting quotes in the $48,500 - $49,000 range.....but I?m working hard to get that!! I think that?s pretty good? Just can?t decide Between the red with black interior or the black with red interior? I want black on black but it doesn?t seem to be an option....

What?s the consensus here? HiChroma Red or Aurora Black? Thanks
Black w/red interior or you can get the best option, IMO, P2M w/red leather. Black will be hard to keep clean but we?re all enthusiasts here so that shouldn?t be a problem. Get what you like best and don?t look back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
That's a fair price for a GT2. Given the options I would choose black/red.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Go with black.

Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Is $48,500 including incentives?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Welcome aboard!!....I think the red will bring out the sexy lines of the Stinger than the black. Now the Black looks classier than the Red...Difficult choice. Let us know once you decide.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Casting my vote for Red but either one will bring lots of smiles.

OP
K

Kingmass17

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Sportage
Thread Starter #8
$48,500 was for the showroom micro blue with gray interior. I was there haggling for a long while. Started out negotiating on a GT1 then got into the GT2 they had on the floor. It?s really nice I just really didn?t want the color combo. The blue and yellow stingers look great, it?s just too much for me to be my daily driver. Was able to get commit for $49k on the black or red. Add in the lease cash seems pretty good

OP
K

Kingmass17

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Sportage
Thread Starter #9
Will do. Thanks

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
$48,500 was for the showroom micro blue with gray interior. I was there haggling for a long while. Started out negotiating on a GT1 then got into the GT2 they had on the floor. It?s really nice I just really didn?t want the color combo. The blue and yellow stingers look great, it?s just too much for me to be my daily driver. Was able to get commit for $49k on the black or red. Add in the lease cash seems pretty good
$49k is much better than what I paid for my GT2.

OP
K

Kingmass17

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Sportage
Thread Starter #11
$49k is much better than what I paid for my GT2.
I thought it was awesome deal but he was working hard trying to get me into the showroom model. I?m actually kind of kicking myself for not jumping at it. Im going away this weekend but heading back down next week to get the black/red or the red/Black....damn it I like them both! We?ll see how it goes when back in the lions den. Ha!

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I thought it was awesome deal but he was working hard trying to get me into the showroom model. I'm actually kind of kicking myself for not jumping at it. Im going away this weekend but heading back down next week to get the black/red or the red/Black....damn it I like them both! We'll see how it goes when back in the lions den. Ha!
If you can't decide, have someone draw out a color from a hat. My last car was red and I felt it drew too much attention, decided to go black this time.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
If you want an impartial comment, if you're going to use the car as a daily driver, you don't want black unless you plan to wash it every day. Clean blacks look great. Dirty blacks are totally unremarkable.

OP
K

Kingmass17

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Sportage
Thread Starter #14
If you can't decide, have someone draw out a color from a hat. My last car was red and I felt it drew too much attention, decided to go black this time.
That?s what I was thinking but mldavis2 had a good point about the black not looking good when dirty. I?ll have to stay on top of that. How do you like the red interior?

OP
K

Kingmass17

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Sportage
Thread Starter #15
If you want an impartial comment, if you're going to use the car as a daily driver, you don't want black unless you plan to wash it every day. Clean blacks look great. Dirty blacks are totally unremarkable.
Yea, I saw a black premium model on the lot that looked like hadn?t been washed in a week and it was pretty bad! My issue is I want the black interior and that?s not possible with most colors. At least not what?s available around me. Maybe will just go with the GT1??