Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Fuel mileage

Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
That is awesome. Do you have AWD? I have the 2.0 with AWD and the best I've hit was a little over 30. Managed slightly over 29 on a 5 hrs drive from Jersey to Mystic CT. Admittedly I have a lead foot but the Stinger is doing so much better than my past few cars wth the gas mileage.

OP
CKeeler

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
RWD. GT also. This last track I’ve kept my foot out of it and the new exhaust apparently is actually helping mileage

Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
One silver lining to working from home due to COVID-19.... I'm gonna save a good buck on gas! Of course that means not driving her as much.... may need to go for some self isolated drives!

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
One silver lining to working from home due to COVID-19.... I'm gonna save a good buck on gas! Of course that means not driving her as much.... may need to go for some self isolated drives!
Yeah, my milage this week has been the best ever. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Mccormick
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2
Just did a 1k trip and got a calculated 29.7 mpg. That was doing 75 ave.
Very good I think.

Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
Jersey shore to north central PA, I'm impressed!

Attachments

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I was coming back from Stung in Sin City, Henderson Nevada

Attachments

pah

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 330S
I've seen a best figure of 6.8 L/100 kms. That's 34.6 MPG (US) or 41.5 MPG (UK). I didn't think to take a photo.

The car achieved this figure driving from Melbourne to Sydney on the Hume Highway. It's a 4 lane highway from end to end so there's no need to use heaps of throttle when overtaking. I've noticed that a factor that affects economy on this road is wind direction. Tail winds obviously help.

PAH

Reactions
City
USA
State
Non-US
Country
United States
What I Drive
RWD. GT also. This last track I’ve kept my foot out of it and the new exhaust apparently is actually helping mileage
I have the same car as you but stock.

2020 GT RWD

Any tips or tricks to getting better MPG overall? Especially in city driving and bumper to bumper daily driving? What about cruising on the highway?

Also... You're still running your MBRP exhaust correct? Is that just a catback or is there more to it? I know that is a noobish question.

OP
CKeeler

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #12
I have the same car as you but stock.

2020 GT RWD

Any tips or tricks to getting better MPG overall? Especially in city driving and bumper to bumper daily driving? What about cruising on the highway?

Also... You're still running your MBRP exhaust correct? Is that just a catback or is there more to it? I know that is a noobish question.
I keep my cruise set at 70mph. Anticipate the stops, let the car cruise down as much as you can. Use the brakes the least amount necessary. In city driving I would say keep it in comfort and let it shift under 2k rpm.

Yes, I still have the exhaust on. Just catback. I haven’t done anything with the primary or secondary pipes.

Reactions
City
USA
State
Non-US
Country
United States
What I Drive
I keep my cruise set at 70mph. Anticipate the stops, let the car cruise down as much as you can. Use the brakes the least amount necessary. In city driving I would say keep it in comfort and let it shift under 2k rpm.

Yes, I still have the exhaust on. Just catback. I haven’t done anything with the primary or secondary pipes.
Thank you for your prompt response and info! :)

Do you not use "ECO" mode? I use "ECO" mode when cruising on the highways... I have never used cruise control in my life so I will do some reading on it...

You are in "COMFORT" mode at all times when trying to be MPG savvy? Let it stay in "automatic" mode and not be manually shifting it?

I am thinking of adding a catback exhaust both for a much louder and more aggressive sound (I feel like stock my car is too quiet) but also doing research on which is the best brand for performance due to being of lighter material. Sounds like your choice of brand worked in improving fuel economy since it is lighter and allows the vehicle to "breathe" more easily?

Sorry for such a long post! Thank you again for your help! :D

OP
CKeeler

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #14
Thank you for your prompt response and info! :)

Do you not use "ECO" mode? I use "ECO" mode when cruising on the highways... I have never used cruise control in my life so I will do some reading on it...

You are in "COMFORT" mode at all times when trying to be MPG savvy? Let it stay in "automatic" mode and not be manually shifting it?

I am thinking of adding a catback exhaust both for a much louder and more aggressive sound (I feel like stock my car is too quiet) but also doing research on which is the best brand for performance due to being of lighter material. Sounds like your choice of brand worked in improving fuel economy since it is lighter and allows the vehicle to "breathe" more easily?

Sorry for such a long post! Thank you again for your help! :D
Eco mode seems to only work well in city driving. I’ve never noticed a difference in highway driving. I just let the car do it’s thing while paying attention to make sure the engine doesn’t start “lugging” along at low speeds.

The MBRP might be lighter, I’m not sure, but it does help in a slight mid range boost and a big smile on myself every time I let it sing

Reactions
City
USA
State
Non-US
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thank you!! :)