Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Autohold/EPB

Reactions
City
Chestnut mound
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 kia stinger GT S
I own a 2019 GTS RWD that I bought 5 months ago with 5k on it and it runs strong, handles flawlessly and I couldn't be happier however something that has happened several times but not often or consistently is I'll make a turn normally or could just be driving and the Autohold and EPB lights on the dash light up and stay lit until I shut the car off and restart it at that point the lights are still lit until I pull it in gear and take off. I've checked and neither the Autohold or Electronic Parking Brake are engaged when this happens so I'll have it checked out next time I take it to Kia for service. So my question is has anyone else experienced this problem? If so what did you do about it? Thank for you time

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I've never had that happen, The next time it happens take some video of it so you have something to show the dealership..

Last edited:
OP
A
Reactions
City
Chestnut mound
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 kia stinger GT S
Thread Starter #3
Already have it but thanks for the suggestion, it doesn't affect anything about the operation of the machine and I'm thinking it may just be a loose ground somewhere, but nowadays with the way cars are built who knows

Reactions
City
New Orleans
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Same issue! '18 Premium with 32k miles. Sometimes when I turn the car on and even in drive ill have the ABS, Auto hold, and TC light on. It started for me a little over a week ago.

OP
A
Reactions
City
Chestnut mound
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 kia stinger GT S
Thread Starter #5
Same issue! '18 Premium with 32k miles. Sometimes when I turn the car on and even in drive ill have the ABS, Auto hold, and TC light on. It started for me a little over a week ago.
I've resolved the problem when I changed the pads and rotors, because of the e break censor if the rear pads wear down to the indicators the problem can and in my case did happen, if you haven't put brakes on yours it's a safe bet you need to because the OEM rotors and pads are garbage, if you have you might want to check pad wear, hope this helps

Reactions
City
New Orleans
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
I've resolved the problem when I changed the pads and rotors, because of the e break censor if the rear pads wear down to the indicators the problem can and in my case did happen, if you haven't put brakes on yours it's a safe bet you need to because the OEM rotors and pads are garbage, if you have you might want to check pad wear, hope this helps
Noted, im taking her to the dealer very soon! Thank you!