Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Anyone heard rumors of no second gen Stingers?

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
I was reading an article the other day where they mentioned there might not be a second gen Stinger. Anyone know if that's true?

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
There was an article earlier this week that referenced both the Australian and North American markets. The person from Kia who was interviewed stated that he was in full support of a next gen Stinger but that, ultimately, it was up to ‘the suits’ and that no decision has been made, yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OilDripper
Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Thread Starter #3
There was an article earlier this week that referenced both the Australian and North American markets. The person from Kia who was interviewed stated that he was in full support of a next gen Stinger but that, ultimately, it was up to ‘the suits’ and that no decision has been made, yet.

Thanks. I will be sad if Kia disc the Stinger but from what I can see they are sitting on the lots much longer these days.

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Just my opinion but I don’t think Kia has done enough to promote and market the Stinger. Aside from a few ads in the automotive enthusiast magazine and no more than a handful of tv ads only non mainstream outlets, I haven’t seen much. Genesis probably doesn’t have to promote the G70 as much because they are already an upscale brand. The Stinger, on the other hand, is a halo car from a division mostly known for economical, albeit quality, cars. I get that the Telluride is an SUV but they’ve been advertising the hell out of it. I’m surprised that the K900 has held on so long.

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I agree with you 100%.

Just my opinion but I don’t think Kia has done enough to promote and market the Stinger. Aside from a few ads in the automotive enthusiast magazine and no more than a handful of tv ads only non mainstream outlets, I haven’t seen much. Genesis probably doesn’t have to promote the G70 as much because they are already an upscale brand. The Stinger, on the other hand, is a halo car from a division mostly known for economical, albeit quality, cars. I get that the Telluride is an SUV but they’ve been advertising the hell out of it. I’m surprised that the K900 has held on so long.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I wonder how many Stingers was Kia expecting to sell.