Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

And the weird Stinger reviews just keep on coming ...

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
He loves the car but says the Stinger is a "sales disaster." lol That is patently absurd.

KIA sold 31,000 Stingers in only two years, and for a brand new model in a niche segment that isn't bad.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima LTD
I saw this review and thought back to my visit to the UK last year. Over 4 weeks of self drive/coach/train, I never saw a single Stinger. In my farming town here in NZ I have seen several Stingers. I would not be surprised if, per capita, NZ has the highest number of Stingers. That is because we know a bargain when we see one, and aren't badge snobs

Reactions
City
Deep in the Heart of
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
In the UK they sold something like 900 in an entire year. I'm not sure if they get hit on tax or what, but they definitely don't sell well there.

OP
KIA-StingerGT
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Thread Starter #4

dunc69

Reactions
City
Bristol
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 3.3 GTS
As a UK Stinger GTS (GT2 / Limited in the US / Canada) owner, I am one of the very few. I have only seen three or four others in the wild!

But, that gives Stinger owners here a rarity factor. People are always asking me about the car or just staring! “What’s that... wow, it’s a Kia!!”

BMW 4 Series Grand Coupés and Audi A5 / S5 Sportbacks are absolutely everywhere and, as such, very boring.....as well as being inferior and overly-priced products

Also, the lack of Stingers may help owners’ residual values. Not that this will overly concern me, as mine is a long-term keeper. What would I replace it with??!

OP
KIA-StingerGT
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Thread Starter #6
... mine is a long-term keeper. What would I replace it with??!
For the value/performance? NOTHING!

I was just pointing out the video's wild assumption that Stinger GT sales are a "disaster". lol Car has only been out a few years ...

dunc69

Reactions
City
Bristol
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 3.3 GTS
For the value/performance? NOTHING!

I was just pointing out the video's wild assumption that Stinger GT sales are a "disaster". lol Car has only been out a few years ...
Yep, I totally agree! I think there’s no doubt it has sold much better in North American than it has here in the UK. But, I love driving a rare car!

OP
KIA-StingerGT
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Thread Starter #8
Yep, I totally agree! I think there’s no doubt it has sold much better in North American than it has here in the UK. But, I love driving a rare car!
In the 10 months I've owned it, I've seen one maybe a dozen times. Not sure how rare that is but ... :cool:

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 AWD Stinger GT
OP
KIA-StingerGT
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD