Welcome to the #1 Genesis G90 Forum and Genesis G90 community dedicated to Genesis G90 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G90 Forum today!

2024 G90 issues with "you may want to consider a break" message

Geep90

Reactions
City
Manakin Sabot
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 Genesis G90
I have a 2024 G90 T with the electronic supercharger. I also have 2023 GV80. Both cars have a message on the dash that shows up and says "you might want to consider taking a break" with a little cup of coffee symbol. Not sure what triggers it but i have been able to shut it off on the GV80 driver assistance menu but not on the G90 menu. Dealer tells me it should show up on the menu as an option but it does not. It goes off all the time and is driving me a bit crazy. Dealer has opened a case with Genesis corporate but not sure if they can figure it out. Has anybody else seen this issue and been able to shut it off? There is a video on-line with the directions on how to shut it off but the menu on the car is not the same on the video. like I said, was able to shut it off on our GV80 but not the G90.
any ideas anyone? otherwise I am loving the G90. What a great car!

c195guy

Reactions
City
Monee
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 G90
It's a sensor that watches your eyes on the road. I don't believe you can shut it off in the G90 because of the active steering. If I take my eyes off the road for a little bit or repeatedly in small bursts I'll get the message as well