Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

2022 Kia Stinger

Reactions
City
pleasant garden
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 g70 awd 3.3 sport.
You are making numbers up and not backing up your information your are just making yourself out to be a liar.

I'm a true car enthusiast I appreciate all vehicles I'm not a fanboy of anything. I also back my shit up.

What year 340i are you looking at?
You must be looking at 2019. I'm talking about 2020.
Maybe you don't know the 2020 and later 340i is labeled as m340i.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions
City
pleasant garden
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 g70 awd 3.3 sport.
Also where are you getting your information about the EcoBoost mustang because your 0 to 60 times are completely wrong.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a19862434/2018-ford-mustang-23l-ecoboost-manual-test-review/
"Speaking of redlines, our test car clocked a 5.1-second zero-to-60-mph"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autoblog.com/amp/2019/09/20/2020-ford-mustang-hpp-first-drive/
And if we look at the performance pack EcoBoost mustang the numbers get even better man we are so far off from 6.1.

"0-60 Time 4.9 sec. (man.) / 4.5 sec. (auto"

Last edited:

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
any idea on when we will see them on dealership lots? my Giulia lease is up in May. hoping to be able to see new stinger and g70 prior to making a decision.
They are trickling in now. Seems as if the first allocations are hitting the west coast. In a few weeks they should be available everywhere. 👍

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
You are making numbers up and not backing up your information your are just making yourself out to be a liar.

I'm a true car enthusiast I appreciate all vehicles I'm not a fanboy of anything. I also back my shit up.

What year 340i are you looking at?
You must be looking at 2019. I'm talking about 2020.
Maybe you don't know the 2020 and later 340i is labeled as m340i.

WRT the m340i, I built one out to match the specs if my GT2, and it was around $61,150 MSRP vs. $52k, and the Stinger pre 22 is being discounted by up to $10k. https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-own.html#/studio/efg9a1pb/summary

So I’m afraid you’re her one making things up or misunderstanding here. You’re comparing apples to oranges. Also, you really ought to compare the 4 series or even 6 series 4 door coupe since the Stinger is a hatchback with significant trunk room. That isn’t yet available for the new 3 series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Also G70 winner. The awd Kia Stinger does not have an LSD the awd G70 does.

Why do you really need LSD on the AWD version of a GT car? You don’t. These are different cars for different markets, and the price difference again is huge. If price were not issue for me, and reliability didn’t matter to me (I’ve owned 3 BMWs and they spent more time in the shop than any other cars I’ve owned), and BMW didn’t nickel and dime you for every option under the sun including many that come standard on the 2.5l Stinger and Genesis, then I’d take the BMW 4 series 4 door M340i Coupé when it’s out. But price is important to me, reliability is very important, and in 3 years of owning my Stinger GT2 AWD (which I paid $45k for before bigger discounts were being given), I’ve had only one issue other than standard maintenance and that issue was fixed under warranty.

Reactions
City
pleasant garden
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 g70 awd 3.3 sport.
WRT the m340i, I built one out to match the specs if my GT2, and it was around $61,150 MSRP vs. $52k, and the Stinger pre 22 is being discounted by up to $10k. https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-own.html#/studio/efg9a1pb/summary

So I’m afraid you’re her one making things up or misunderstanding here. You’re comparing apples to oranges. Also, you really ought to compare the 4 series or even 6 series 4 door coupe since the Stinger is a hatchback with significant trunk room. That isn’t yet available for the new 3 series.

Did I mention anything about price I don't think so. I misunderstand nothing and I also didn't make anything up because I actually have backup proof of everything I posted. There is a reason why I posted links about the specs of the vehicles. So any specs I posted fuel economy, performance numbers all those are from the links that I posted.

The problem is you have fanboys who refuse to say anything negative about what they have I don't do that, because things could always be better. Hyundai / Kia / Genesis need to work on real world fuel economy.

Somehow mentioning a car that makes more power weighs just about the same, and gets better fuel economy makes people lose their mind.

One last thing being part of other platforms I know people drool over the idea of a limited slip differential. Kia removed the LSD to save money in the AWD model. Genesis said nope not going to do that. The car in sport mode puts 80% of its power to the rear wheels having an LSD can be a benefit. Not all of us care about trunk room all of my groceries fit just fine in my G70.

Nothing gets better without criticism.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Did I mention anything about price I don't think so. I misunderstand nothing and I also didn't make anything up because I actually have backup proof of everything I posted. There is a reason why I posted links about the specs of the vehicles. So any specs I posted fuel economy, performance numbers all those are from the links that I posted.

The problem is you have fanboys who refuse to say anything negative about what they have I don't do that, because things could always be better. Hyundai / Kia / Genesis need to work on real world fuel economy.

Somehow mentioning a car that makes more power weighs just about the same, and gets better fuel economy makes people lose their mind.

One last thing being part of other platforms I know people drool over the idea of a limited slip differential. Kia removed the LSD to save money in the AWD model. Genesis said nope not going to do that. The car in sport mode puts 80% of its power to the rear wheels having an LSD can be a benefit. Not all of us care about trunk room all of my groceries fit just fine in my G70.

Nothing gets better without criticism.

Maybe you didn’t mention price, but you’re comparing two cars that are miles apart on price when specced the same.

Having said that. I can’t argue with you on fuel economy. It is very bad compared to other cars with similar HP and it is definitely an area that Hyundai/Kia need to work on. Agree Kia could have kept the LSD, and removed it for the money savings. I’m glad they did, since I prefer to pay less for the car without the LSD and find in AWD, I don’t have any complaints. And I say this as a former BMW fanboy (I have owned 3).

I’m not a fanboy of anything, and I no longer have specific brand loyalty either. I’ve been burned before because I was when I was younger. But I also don’t generally consider BMWs as a reference point for the Stinger. For the G70, yes, but they’re way more expensive, even if the G70 is targeted directly at the 3-series, and for the previous generation, most reviewers actually preferred the G70. But I’ll never drive a BMW again after the experiences I had with their service and support, and the nickel and dime nature of their options. Until recently they were still charging $500 for Bluetooth. Anyway, your criticism in some cases I agree with. Comparing cars that are $12k apart, not as much.

If we want to focus on areas that Hyundai/Kia can improve on, agree, fuel economy. I’d say the interior quality in the Stinger (G70 looks nicer in pics at least, not sure in real life). But overall, if you told me 5 years ago I could get a car in 2018 like the GT2, for $46k with the options it has, it’s driving enjoyment, safety features etc, I’d tell you you’re crazy. So while I’m not a fanboy, and agree that criticism is helpful for them to improve, I’m still a huge fan of what they’ve done. Let’s also not forget that this is Kia/Hyundai, who 15 years ago were pushing out cheap junk. They’ve come a really long way, and hiring the folks they did from Audi and BMW M went a long way at getting them there.

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Lol @ Euro fanboys comparing cars costing $10k-$15k more than a Stinger while quibbling about an EPA measured diff of 3 mpg (as with the Audi S5 Sportback). 🤦‍♂️

Reactions
City
pleasant garden
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 g70 awd 3.3 sport.
Maybe you didn’t mention price, but you’re comparing two cars that are miles apart on price when specced the same.

Having said that. I can’t argue with you on fuel economy. It is very bad compared to other cars with similar HP and it is definitely an area that Hyundai/Kia need to work on. Agree Kia could have kept the LSD, and removed it for the money savings. I’m glad they did, since I prefer to pay less for the car without the LSD and find in AWD, I don’t have any complaints. And I say this as a former BMW fanboy (I have owned 3).

I’m not a fanboy of anything, and I no longer have specific brand loyalty either. I’ve been burned before because I was when I was younger. But I also don’t generally consider BMWs as a reference point for the Stinger. For the G70, yes, but they’re way more expensive, even if the G70 is targeted directly at the 3-series, and for the previous generation, most reviewers actually preferred the G70. But I’ll never drive a BMW again after the experiences I had with their service and support, and the nickel and dime nature of their options. Until recently they were still charging $500 for Bluetooth. Anyway, your criticism in some cases I agree with. Comparing cars that are $12k apart, not as much.

If we want to focus on areas that Hyundai/Kia can improve on, agree, fuel economy. I’d say the interior quality in the Stinger (G70 looks nicer in pics at least, not sure in real life). But overall, if you told me 5 years ago I could get a car in 2018 like the GT2, for $46k with the options it has, it’s driving enjoyment, safety features etc, I’d tell you you’re crazy. So while I’m not a fanboy, and agree that criticism is helpful for them to improve, I’m still a huge fan of what they’ve done. Let’s also not forget that this is Kia/Hyundai, who 15 years ago were pushing out cheap junk. They’ve come a really long way, and hiring the folks they did from Audi and BMW M went a long way at getting them there.

I'm glad we can agree on the fuel economy and that is enough for me.

I also would not buy a BMW they have reliability issues no doubt about it.
In my opinion they are cars that you lease which I don't agree with, or you buy them certified pre-owned if you really want one with an excellent warranty. Not a vehicle you want to own without one.

I should say I actually do love Hyundai and Kia. My parents have a 2014 Hyundai sonata yes the car with the troubled engine but it's been problem free, and Hyundai offered a lifetime warranty on the engine. I do all the maintenance on it and it's been a decent car. My wife and I both like the kia stinger as well, but my wife felt that the G70 was better for her back she has back problems.

Last edited:

OVO_Diego

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
I have a 2018 GT2 Stinger. I test drove a brand new 2021 Stinger with the single turbo. There's a big difference, the single turbo stinger was not fast at all, I was so disappointed. Twin turbo is the way to go, that thing is fast. I love it.

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
The 2021 you drove was the 2.0L 255 hp model, the new 2022 2.5L 300 hp should close the performance gap with the 3.3L GT. But as of now, it hasn't been officially tested so we don't know how much that gap has been closed.