Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger at DFW Auto Show

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Finally saw the Kia Stinger in person at the Dallas Auto Show this weekend. Makes me want this car even more.[biggrin]

Here are some pictures.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Nice pics man

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Very nice, the more I look at the chrome side vents, the more I'm sure I'd be painting them black on mine.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Very nice, the more I look at the chrome side vents, the more I'm sure I'd be painting them black on mine.
Like your thinking - don't know whether its because the dark chrome don't gel with the wheels or that the vents have such a big surface area on the leading edge, they just don't look right

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Even color matching the chrome part of the side vents would look good too.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Like your thinking - don't know whether its because the dark chrome don't gel with the wheels or that the vents have such a big surface area on the leading edge, they just don't look right
I think its the big surface area of the edge that's throwing off the look.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
This may have been discussed somewhere already but I'm curious about thoughts views on the non-functioning bonnet/hood vents ... muscle car cred or design overreach?

OP
ATXStinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9
From Kia's press release, sadly the hood vents are non-functional.
The wide front and rear track, along with the recessed contours along the doors, enhance the visual power of the Stinger?s shoulder line as well as its fastback silhouette. Other purely functional elements of the exterior design ? the front air curtains, wheel arch gills, smooth underbody, and integrated rear diffuser ? aid its aerodynamic efficiency. The rear valance houses four oval exhaust pipes. Kia?s signature ?tiger-nose? grille sits proudly between complex LED headlamps.
Functional Elements
  • front air curtains
  • wheel arch gills
  • integrated rear diffuser

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thanks StingerMike & ATXStinger. There's not a big Oz market for Kia/Hyundai/Genesis tuning so I'm hoping a few companies become interested in this car ... a few more ponies creating more heat and noise will justify making those vents functional! I'm sure the Korean aftermarket will have plenty of vent/splitter/skirt options when finally released in the US / Euro / Oz markets.

OP
ATXStinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #11
Thanks StingerMike & ATXStinger. There's not a big Oz market for Kia/Hyundai/Genesis tuning so I'm hoping a few companies become interested in this car ... a few more ponies creating more heat and noise will justify making those vents functional! I'm sure the Korean aftermarket will have plenty of vent/splitter/skirt options when finally released in the US / Euro / Oz markets.
Hopefully there's no big differences between markets and any tuning developed for the US market will work in OZ.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Hopefully there's no big differences between markets and any tuning developed for the US market will work in OZ.
Kia Oz do their own suspension tuning on new vehicles (which is then adopted for all subsequent deliveries) - has had some great results over last 5 years. There's a GT and base 2.0 in Sydney at the moment going through the process. We tend to adopt firmer suspension settings compared to the US, so will be interesting how this plays out with the selectable adaptive settings.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Rio
I was at this car show last year too.