Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Wiring Harness Recall Question

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I recently had this recall check performed and am curious what goes in to this check. What parts are removed to gain access to the harness? The reason I am asking is that some parts on my car were loose or coming apart after this check. As always thanks guys!!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I recently had this recall check performed and am curious what goes in to this check. What parts are removed to gain access to the harness? The reason I am asking is that some parts on my car were loose or coming apart after this check. As always thanks guys!!
They check it from the outside behind the wheel.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
They gain access from behind the fender liner.

OP
Triumvph
Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #4
I guess they didn't think about putting it all back together properly! Thanks guys! I'll get it back to the dealership.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
They gain access from behind the fender liner.
My mechanics aren't even going through the fender liner. They can inspect and insert the plug right from above near the ECU.

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
Under the ECU is the proper procedure but I guess most dealers don't follow procedures haha.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
There is no need for them to access the fender liner. All they need to do is look where the ECU is located and make sure the harness is not touching the metal. If they need to remove anything, it will be the black plastic trim piece around that area.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
For inspection its done from the top like what [MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION] and [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] stated, from what I was told by my service adviser if the recall needs to be performed then its done from behind the fender liner.