Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stupid-Questions Time!

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
I have a few questions about 'ordering' a vehicle at a Kia dealership.

Let's say the nearest dealerships within 100 miles don't have the trim/color/features I am looking for...

How difficult is it for them to find one, or 'order' one made with the trim/color I am looking for?

Does it cost extra?

How much additional time does this take?

Do dealers frequently ship stock to one another? If my local dealer sees a match that I am looking for, but it's 1000 miles away at another dealer in another state, can they ship it? Will they? Or do dealers not cooperate like that with each other?

Another silly question...

Kia has a beautiful color in their Niro model line that I would KILL to have on a Stinger. Is there some way to get a Stinger with that color? Or is that simply physically impossible and limited to aftermarket paintwork?

Thank you for your time and patience,

-Tim

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Some dealers can be part of a network and can find them faster than others. It doesn't cost extra but sometimes you can't get the best deals over what they have on their lot. It depends on how far the dealer is, it can be from a couple of days to a week. Dealers normally do what's called "dealer trade" where they'll trade cars with one another. You can't get any color other than whats available.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I could be wrong but I don't think you can "order" a car. You can go on the website and build what you want and you can go to the dealer and order what you want but I don't believe anyone in S. Korea receives your order and builds what you specify. Instead, S. Korea builds a bunch of cars and when one happens to show up in the US with the options you specify, then you are notified.

As for the colors, it's like Punchdrunkboost said. Too bad really. I do wish there were more colors to choose from. There are ssooooo many colors that would look absolutely KILLER on the Stinger that KIA isn't even thinking about. The Stinger is one of those cars with lines and surfaces that just BEGS for great paint. I was in Australia about a year ago and saw a Holden Commodore in this light sage green metallic color and I thought, that would look FANTASTIC on the Stinger! There's also a red metallic and a silver metallic on the new Toyota Camry's (believe it or not) Ruby Red Pearl and Celestial Silver Metallic that would also look great on the Stinger. Heck, there's a medium silver metallic color on a Hyundai (I think it was a new Azera) that caught the sun in certain ways that I thought would look great on the Stinger as well. Hopefully KIA brings more color selections in the future.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I could be wrong but I don't think you can "order" a car. You can go on the website and build what you want and you can go to the dealer and order what you want but I don't believe anyone in S. Korea receives your order and builds what you specify. Instead, S. Korea builds a bunch of cars and when one happens to show up in the US with the options you specify, then you are notified.

As for the colors, it's like Punchdrunkboost said. Too bad really. I do wish there were more colors to choose from. There are ssooooo many colors that would look absolutely KILLER on the Stinger that KIA isn't even thinking about. The Stinger is one of those cars with lines and surfaces that just BEGS for great paint. I was in Australia about a year ago and saw a Holden Commodore in this light sage green metallic color and I thought, that would look FANTASTIC on the Stinger! There's also a red metallic and a silver metallic on the new Toyota Camry's (believe it or not) Ruby Red Pearl and Celestial Silver Metallic that would also look great on the Stinger. Heck, there's a medium silver metallic color on a Hyundai (I think it was a new Azera) that caught the sun in certain ways that I thought would look great on the Stinger as well. Hopefully KIA brings more color selections in the future.
Totally agree with all of this! I have a Celestial Silver Toyota Highlander and that colour would be perfect on the Stinger. I also like the grey/silver on the new VW Arteon as well as the two toned interior options VW offers. Kia is lacking in this area, especially in Canada where the red leather is only offered on 3 exterior colours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
IMHO, unlike Mini Coopers (which have literally more than 1 million combinations of models, colors, packages and options) there aren?t a ton of options on these cars, which makes it easier to find what you?re looking for. I would just work thru a dealer that you are willing to drive/fly to and drive the car home. Once they know what you want, they can probably find it in the dealer network.

You can probably find it yourself by using an online search like cars.com or autotrader.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 GT1 AWL Aurora Black Black Int
Some dealers can be part of a network and can find them faster than others. It doesn't cost extra but sometimes you can't get the best deals over what they have on their lot. It depends on how far the dealer is, it can be from a couple of days to a week. Dealers normally do what's called "dealer trade" where they'll trade cars with one another. You can't get any color other than whats available.
I ordered my Stinger through the dealership, there was none optioned out / available that the dealer could find like I was after. I'm friends with the dealer - between my wife and I, my Stinger's our 8th Kia vehicle. I ordered 2 vehicles this year, we had two Kia leases up - were not certain on delivery timelines vs lease exipirations and with Kia stopping lease pull-foreword programs this year, it put me in a double edged problem. The vehicles were ordered by the dealer, the Stinger took about 2 1/2 months to arrive. Bear in mind, were friends and I'm a long standing client. If the cars came in too soon to get out the leases without penalty, they would just sell those vehicles and do a re-order to try to get the timelines to work. This put me with one lease payment remaining and the dealer covered it.