Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Speed By Design LLC Exhaust For Stinger

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
I?m so stoked! Just got off the phone with the owner of Speed By Design LLC. They are known for their amazing work on GTRs as well as a few other platforms.

In the coming weeks they will be using my car to mock up various exhaust options for the Stinger platform.

We?ll also be comparing theirs to the ARK GRiP exhaust. Purchased the ARK exhaust myself and they offered to install and help me perform comparisons as well as possibly dyno numbers.

Planning full videos with quality sound throughout the process.

Any questions or special requests you'd like me to pass along to the guys at Speed By Design?

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Bimodal or EVC! The wife would kill me if get a full time loud(er) exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
O
Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
Thread Starter #3
Bimodal or EVC! The wife would kill me if get a full time loud(er) exhaust.

Not sure yet, but based on my initial call, they're toying with the idea of two exhaust options for the car. To suit different tastes in loudness, note, tone, etc.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I?m so stoked! Just got off the phone with the owner of Speed By Design LLC. They are known for their amazing work on GTRs as well as a few other platforms.

In the coming weeks they will be using my car to mock up various exhaust options for the Stinger platform.

We?ll also be comparing theirs to the ARK GRiP exhaust. Purchased the ARK exhaust myself and they offered to install and help me perform comparisons as well as possibly dyno numbers.

Planning full videos with quality sound throughout the process.

Any questions or special requests you'd like me to pass along to the guys at Speed By Design?
Would be nice if they made their own exhaust tips to go with the exhaust.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Just make it sound like this.[hihi]
[video=youtube;d-qsLDIEnFQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qsLDIEnFQ[/video]

OP
O
Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
Thread Starter #6
Would be nice if they made their own exhaust tips to go with the exhaust.
I'll mention it, but I do know that the factory tips are built into the rear valance. But I'm sure something could be fabricated.

OP
O
Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
Thread Starter #7
Just make it sound like this.[hihi]
[video=youtube;d-qsLDIEnFQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qsLDIEnFQ[/video]
So nasty! I love how GTRs sound. I know the shop has really high hopes for this car.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Burnt tips would look great on the Stinger.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
That is great news. It is also very good that they are going to compare it with the ARK as I think the ARK has a great sound note for the Stinger, but at the same time it can be loud for some owners and it suffers from drone.

My suggestion and request will be for them to approach this project with a different mind set than if it were a GTR. What I mean is that the Stinger is a GT sportsback that most people use for daily commutes, therefore comfort needs to not be sacrificed, but at the same time it is a sports car with 5 doors (including hatch) that can surprise anyone on the road and it needs to sound good whenever we put it in that mode.

Hence why I think that they will be better off by offering an active exhaust (with EVC), instead of two different versions (it will also reduce costs on their end) this will allow Stinger owners to have the comfort while daily driving but a beast whenever your occasional mustang kid wants to beat you to the highway ramp thinking that it's just another slow KIA [raceflag] and if they can make it sound like the ARK whenever the Valves are open, you have a winner.

OP
O
Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
Thread Starter #10
That is great news. It is also very good that they are going to compare it with the ARK as I think the ARK has a great sound note for the Stinger, but at the same time it can be loud for some owners and it suffers from drone.

My suggestion and request will be for them to approach this project with a different mind set than if it were a GTR. What I mean is that the Stinger is a GT sportsback that most people use for daily commutes, therefore comfort needs to not be sacrificed, but at the same time it is a sports car with 5 doors (including hatch) that can surprise anyone on the road and it needs to sound good whenever we put it in that mode.

Hence why I think that they will be better off by offering an active exhaust (with EVC), instead of two different versions (it will also reduce costs on their end) this will allow Stinger owners to have the comfort while daily driving but a beast whenever your occasional mustang kid wants to beat you to the highway ramp thinking that it's just another slow KIA [raceflag] and if they can make it sound like the ARK whenever the Valves are open, you have a winner.
I?ll mention your EVC request. I can assure you they are approaching this car differently. I was very candid with them in telling them that this is mostly a daily driver for people like me and they are quite sure of what their vision and goals are for different ?stages? of this car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States

Agree 100% and if the price is right (less than jubl evc) I am in! Not looking to spend 2000 plus to get exhaust.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GTLimited
Evc!