Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Resonance/hum at mixed speeds

Reactions
Hi all,

Had my 3.3 GT for nearly 1 year and coming up to its second service, I’ve done 10,000 miles in this time.
Recently I’ve been getting this very slight resonant hum sounds at pretty much any speed, 20mph is the lowest and all the way to 70mph (never go above 70 obviously). The sound is on the edge of hearing but can also be felt via the steering wheel and through the pedals.
Secondly when reversing at low speed with any kind of wheel angle there is a much louder sound appearing to come from the front right side, again it not quite a grinding sound it’s more of a metallic sound.

Tyres & wheels have been checked / balanced along with the tracking done.

Anyone else had this? Could it be related to the much talked about rotor problem?

Thanks in advance.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
That doesn’t sound like it would be related to the problems most of us have had with the rotors and pads.
Has your dealer taken a look at it?

OP
Superiluminal
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Hi, not yet they can't look at it for 3 weeks as they are busy. Initially the refused to until the tyres etc were checked.
I had a similar thing with my Octavia and the dealer swore blind it wasn't a wheel bearing until I made a complaint to Skoda UK.