Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Ordering Info/Showroom Dates

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I just talked to Billion Kia over here in Southwest South Dakota and they said they will be here 4th quarter. He even went as far as saying they will be in the start of October. He didn't give me much detail but he reckoned the manager would order one of each (2.0 turbo as well as the 3.3 TT). I'm curious to see how they will market the car when it comes to MSRP. I've heard anywhere from the 2.0 Turbo starting at $27,500 to the TT in the high $40K range. I can't imagine they market over MSRP with 90% of people not even knowing this car exists... I'd like to keep it that way.

Cheers

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
It would probably be in Kia best interest to suppress any type of price gouging, especially as they are trying to build up their performance brand.

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #3
I agree. And as the first sports sedan KIA has produced, they may want to keep buyers intrigued by not inflating prices. Time will tell..

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
The only thing that makes me nervous about dealers gouging is remembering that some dealers in this area did it with the K900 when it was brand new. And on their sister side, dealers did it with the Genesis coupe, because it was the first of its kind for Hyundai. So, I can see some dealers trying it with something as hot as the Stinger, too.

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #5
The only thing that makes me nervous about dealers gouging is remembering that some dealers in this area did it with the K900 when it was brand new. And on their sister side, dealers did it with the Genesis coupe, because it was the first of its kind for Hyundai. So, I can see some dealers trying it with something as hot as the Stinger, too.
I can see where you're coming from. Texas is a much bigger "car scene" area than up here in No Man's Land. A dealer here sold a Hellcat (I forget if it was a Charger or Challenger) for $3k above MSRP. The demand was only higher because of the attention put on it. And the fact it has 707 HP but that's beside the point. It seems the Stinger has attention but not the same marketing strategy as the Hellcat.

I think people will see this as just "another" sedan making its way into the segment that's already cut-throat. Little do they know..

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
ONLY 3k over for a Hellcat? They were asking 10-20k over down here...lol.

Price gouging is disgusting. I will discuss it with my dealer when I leave my deposit (should be next month, if they get invoices 60 days before the cars arrive), and make sure they won't be trying that nonsense.

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #7
ONLY 3k over for a Hellcat? They were asking 10-20k over down here...lol.

Price gouging is disgusting. I will discuss it with my dealer when I leave my deposit (should be next month, if they get invoices 60 days before the cars arrive), and make sure they won't be trying that nonsense.
LOL... I'll keep the updates up as the time goes on if they charge over MSRP. Looks like I'm in the place to be when it comes to sports cars [thumb]

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I just talked to Billion Kia over here in Southwest South Dakota and they said they will be here 4th quarter. He even went as far as saying they will be in the start of October. He didn't give me much detail but he reckoned the manager would order one of each (2.0 turbo as well as the 3.3 TT). I'm curious to see how they will market the car when it comes to MSRP. I've heard anywhere from the 2.0 Turbo starting at $27,500 to the TT in the high $40K range. I can't imagine they market over MSRP with 90% of people not even knowing this car exists... I'd like to keep it that way.

Cheers
There was an article that just came out within the past couple weeks (it may be posted on this forum somewhere) and the discussion was with the North America division Kia representative (he may have been with the marketing group) and he was quoted as saying the Stinger would not be in the U.S.A. prior to November. This is what a local dealer told me back in April, as well as the representative for the Stinger at the Dallas auto show back in March. I would not count on it being here before November based on all of these sources.

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #9
I've seen a few articles about that. I don't know a sales guy would lie to me about a date though, not saying the Rep you talked to was lying. I'm sure they get word of mouth by many different marketers within the company.

I'm not concerned whether it be October or November, the damn thing just needs to get here

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #10
Update: I talked with one of the sales guys at Billion again. He said he didn't have any info but messaged me a couple hours later after talking with his boss and he said January/February timeframe for them to be in showrooms. I was skeptical about the last guy I asked but a 3 month difference?? He drove a Charger Hellcat so I would assume he knows a tad bit more than the other sales guy... A Chevy SS is sounding more and more enticing the longer I wait [rolleyes]

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I'm not surprised about the January/February timeframe considering Kia's website has yet to open up the Stinger's configurator.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
Did you all see how much the price has gone up here since the "estimate" we were given when we put our deposits down? About $9k.....

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #13
I probably will not even consider it now.. Too much for a first year car. Plus, all the bugs that will need fixed on the first year cars. I'll probably be buying, if I do at all, a low mileage used one. Or... wait for the '19 or '20 to come out so the bugs/issues have been fixed with it. Such a let down...

Maybe I'll look into a 2.0T with some goodies. The price for the 3.3 isn't justified. Come on KIA, do better!

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I just checked in with a few of the dealers in the area I spoke to a few months back; one still knows nothing, one insists it will be November, and one says not before the end of the year, per her GM who went to some regional meeting last week. So frustrating. I was hoping October, to coincide with the end of my lease, but, looks like that's not happening.

My bday is in November, so, I will give it until then I guess. If they're still not here, I'll probably move on to Plan B or C (CPO CTS v-sport or M3).

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Kia needs to step up their game with better info on the car. Even having a solid release date would be nice so that we can actually put in an order.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Subaru WRX 2004
Did you all see how much the price has gone up here since the "estimate" we were given when we put our deposits down? About $9k.....
Your'e spot on there. Apparently if you ordered it pre-july 17 it was a couple of grand cheaper.

Marco-Oz

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Your'e spot on there. Apparently if you ordered it pre-july 17 it was a couple of grand cheaper.
I hope that's the case, can you say where your heard it?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Subaru WRX 2004
I hope that's the case, can you say where your heard it?
Yep, I heard it after I put my deposit down on a Gt Stinger at Kia in August. Just what I wanted to hear ..lol

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
I just hope the dealers out here in the US don't try ADM, otherwise they'll lose my business.

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #20
I just hope the dealers out here in the US don't try ADM, otherwise they'll lose my business.
I would think in warmer year around areas they might (Florida, Texas, California), especially on GT models. Unless there isn't much demand in those areas which I assume 95% of people haven't heard of the car yet. Very little market for the GT just like the Chevy SS. I enjoy that aspect