Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New to Kia!

Terry75

Reactions
City
New York City
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Hi everyone,

Newbie here! Just got my 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD black on black, had it for 3 weeks so far and been loving the car since.
I traded a Mitsubishi Evo 10 that had about 26000 Miles for this and I've had that car for about 10 years, bought it back at the end of 2009 as a 2010 model. I know a lot of people might chew me out on why I traded the Evo in for a Kia. The Evo X has issues and those issues are expensive, the awd pump craps out for some once a year or some people a few years, but that part is a guarantee to fail, no aftermarket or OEM from Mitsu, the part without labor is $2,500. The designer of the X dropped the ball on this. The problem is that the pump sits between the rear axle outside of the car, so it sees the worst weathering a car cold see, so this causes the rubber seals and oil to foul and it's good luck to try and get the dealerships to fix it without warranty. The only thing I miss from that car is the manual transmission. It felt great ripping thru the gears on highway. But I digress and sorry for the rant. The GT2 is so much fun to drive, just a shame it doesn't come in manual. Thinking about doing a pedal tuner and JB4 tune.

Terry

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

Newbie here! Just got my 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD black on black, had it for 3 weeks so far and been loving the car since.
I traded a Mitsubishi Evo 10 that had about 26000 Miles for this and I've had that car for about 10 years, bought it back at the end of 2009 as a 2010 model. I know a lot of people might chew me out on why I traded the Evo in for a Kia. The Evo X has issues and those issues are expensive, the awd pump craps out for some once a year or some people a few years, but that part is a guarantee to fail, no aftermarket or OEM from Mitsu, the part without labor is $2,500. The designer of the X dropped the ball on this. The problem is that the pump sits between the rear axle outside of the car, so it sees the worst weathering a car cold see, so this causes the rubber seals and oil to foul and it's good luck to try and get the dealerships to fix it without warranty. The only thing I miss from that car is the manual transmission. It felt great ripping thru the gears on highway. But I digress and sorry for the rant. The GT2 is so much fun to drive, just a shame it doesn't come in manual. Thinking about doing a pedal tuner and JB4 tune.

Terry
Welcome. I don’t know how many of us would chew you out for trading in the Evo X for the Stinger. I definitely understand the cost aspects, but more than that, the Stinger is much more tuned you GT car than sports as compared to the Evo X, and I suspect you’ll really enjoy the extra luxury, the break on your ears, and the massive hatchback too. And Kia does have the 10 year engine and transmission warranty, so you don’t have to worry about the type of issue you had with the Evo. Very different cars, but each enjoyable in its own right. Again, welcome to the club. I’m hoping to go for a bit of a drive this weekend to nowhere in particular just to get out of the quarantine house for a bit and have a nice drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congratulations and welcome! Post up some pics when you get a chance!

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2