Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New GTS RWD from Austin TX.

Reactions
Howdy y'all. Best mods for 1k

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions
City
Dallas/Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
'18 Stinger GT2 HiChroma Red
Best mods depends on what specific aspect you're wanting to improve.

Handling wise, Eibach sway bars front/rear get really good feedback for dialing out understeer without making the car too tail happy.

Horsepower and torque wise, the 3.3 responds extremely well to improving airflow in and out, so free flow intake, muffler/resonator delete and downpipes and an ECU retune to maximize the benefits of the freer flowing intake and exhaust tracts can net you an extra 40-60HP and 60-80 lb/ft of torque at the wheels.

I got a CPO 2018 GT2 rear wheel drive last month and have been perusing the various tuner's websites, FB pages and what not. For my money, I'm going to give the ECU tuners a chance to see what kind of numbers they can get without removing the valve covers.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
first of, Welcome & congrats, post some pictures. There's a lot of mods you can go with, but do you want power mods or visual mods. A Oil Catch Can & Cold Air Intakes is a good start, after that if you want big bang for your buck, pick up a JB4 chip, which is a plug & play, that will give you 100hp & 100tq at the rear wheels. You can go into my Garages & see what i've done, but ultimately its up to you on what you want to bolt on too your car.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Welcome aboard. Post some photos.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Welcome and congratulations! Pics please! I swear now that sway bars is the best mod you can do to this car. Everything else just compliments them

OP
N
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Thank you all for the info.

OP
N
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Great GT car without a doubt!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Car looks nice(y):cool:

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Looks badass. Welcome

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
It looks awesome!

Reactions
City
Dallas/Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
'18 Stinger GT2 HiChroma Red
Did you road trip up here to DFW to get the GTS, or did your dealer have it trucked down to Austin? I got mine on the opposite side of the metroplex, over in Hurst.

OP
N
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Did you road trip up here to DFW to get the GTS, or did your dealer have it trucked down to Austin? I got mine on the opposite side of the metroplex, over in Hurst.
Had it trucked down.