Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Maybe a new owner- need help deciding

Fastfreddy

Reactions
City
Chambly
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Audi A4
So a few weeks back I bought an Audi A4 allroad. I love wagon as I feel they offer practicality and are still fun to drive vs an suv. Now three weeks into ownership, I’ve come to the hard realization that I’m not comfortable in the seats (gives me terrible leg and back pain). I’ve tried all the settings, bought seat cushions (multiple). I can’t find a solution and at the money I spent on this car, i definitely am not enjoying it. So I’m back to looking. My two choices are the Kia stinger and the genesis G70.

Went and sat in the Kia and the seats are more to my liking. They’re a bit wider and seem more flat (I’m a big guy, 6’ 280lbs). I have yet to test drive it. Will do it this week. I’ve also set up a test drive for the g70.

I’m in Canada and here the g70 is quite a bit more expensive than the Kia. Similarly equipped you’re talking 12-15% price difference. Watching videos a lot of people seem to put the g70 ahead. In the USA the price is very similar. So here, the price difference will definitely factor more in the decision. But they have inventory of 2021 G70 which I find looks better than the 2022. And I’m always in for a good deal.

For those who cross-shop both, what tip the scale? Right now I see a lot of people complaining about the sunroof noise in the Kia. Don’t seem to have as many people complaining about it in the g70.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome aboard, either or is a great choice, pretty much the same platform you just have to decide which body style you like.. The G70 has a better dash a couple more electronic features...

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
For me the biggest upsides of the Stinger are in its utility, since it's a hatchback. Just yesterday we purchased a bathroom countertop with two sinks. Folded the rear seats, removed the trunk cover and it fit without an issue. It would not have fit into a sedan like the G70.

Next are it's looks. It is one of the nicest looking cars on the road, and in almost 3.5 years of driving it, I've been stopped by people wanting to know what it is and saying how beautiful it is more than I have in any car I've owned over the last 30 years and that includes when I had a then brand new E46 M3 convertible.

Finally, it is more comfortable and more GT like than the G70.

The downsides of the Stinger vs. the G70 - the Stinger is slightly less luxurious inside. Service department is really not great compared to luxury brands, including Genesis, because they come pick the car up and give you another Genesis for the day.

It's not as sporty as the G70 in canyon carving roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Here's an example of why I prefer the Stinger to the G70...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Chestnut mound
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 kia stinger GT S
The stinger and the G70 are for all intensive purposes the same car, same platform, same drivetrain, the differences being the stinger is a hatch and the G70 isn't, that and the G70 coast more, personally I find my stinger very comfortable on long trips and I don't feel beat down when I get where I'm going. Just feel good knowing whichever you choose you'll be getting a quality automobile, good luck with your decision