Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Lost my order !!

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I just wanted to pass along my experience with ordering a red GT1 AWD DriveWise 19" and thank [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] for his help.

Over a month ago I ordered the above car from a local dealer who gave me the best deal out of the three I asked for a bid. While I was there, the dealer called the Kia rep who advised the car would be available late Feb-early March. Apparently there were none to be had anywhere in the U.S. with those specs so I understood it would be built. No problem, I'll grit my teeth and wait it out while I continue to spam this forum. I've learned a lot here.

For some reason, known only to my sub-conscious, I asked my dealer for the VIN when the car reached the port (assuming it was a factory build). A week ago he called with the VIN, receipt of which I mentioned in another thread. [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] offered to run the VIN to check on the status as it was getting close to the promised delivery time. The VIN came back on a different trim, different color to the right dealer. I called and they checked and could not find my spec order anywhere in the system. The car had never been built. So I am starting over after wasting a month!

In another PM with Jason, he said that if you order the DriveWise with the GT1, you get the little 18" all-weather tires. Nothing anywhere in any literature I can find says that. Can anyone confirm that? I can understand maybe with AWD, but DriveWise has nothing whatsoever to do with tires. How crazy is that?

Anyway, I'm angry and frustrated. Not sure what I'm going to do here. Waiting to hear from the Kia rep to see what they are going to do about it.

So [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] saved me a ton of time because I would never have known of the screwup (dealer or Kia, I don't know and don't care) until the car never showed up, and the wrong car came off the transport. 7 weeks wasted instead of 4-5. So if you are anywhere around Davenport, IA, go see Jason and tell him thanks for me. Over and beyond the call of duty on a car he didn't sell.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Wow so sorry to hear about your situation, I would complain with Kia corporate. I have a lot of respect for [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] and what he does for this community.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
I can?t speak for red cars, but I just waited 8 weeks and two days from the date of my order.

My car is Ceramic Silver GT1, 19? wheels with the drive wise package. So I know that package is built into the GT1?s with 19? wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
So maybe stop the whining and search and find another car. there are plenty of them around now. Sorry for your first world predicament.

OP
M
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Thread Starter #5
I can?t speak for red cars, but I just waited 8 weeks and two days from the date of my order.

My car is Ceramic Silver GT1, 19? wheels with the drive wise package. So I know that package is built into the GT1?s with 19? wheels.
Thanks, that makes sense. Hate to see [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] wrong. On the other hand, open your driver's door and look on the door jamb and see what the sticker says. They could have swapped wheels and didn't tell you.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
Thanks, that makes sense. Hate to see [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] wrong. On the other hand, open your driver's door and look on the door jamb and see what the sticker says. They could have swapped wheels and didn't tell you.
While I appreciate you?re concern, I watched my car come off the transport truck. I pulled all the plastics myself and the only time the service techs touched the car was to take it out of ?transport mode? and fill out the PDI form in front of me.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
And here?s my door tag just for clarity on my GT1 with drive wise and 19s.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
OP
M
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Thread Starter #9
So maybe stop the whining and search and find another car. there are plenty of them around now. Sorry for your first world predicament.
I've searched all over this part of the country in 500 mile radius sections and there are no cars with my specs -- which is why they probably just dropped the order because they had none. There are none around like I ordered, in any color. Thanks for your compassion and understanding.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
That one with the 19" is RWD.
[MENTION=326]OklaStinger[/MENTION], is yours AWD?
Nope. It?s RWD.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Which spec did you have to special order, [MENTION=456]mldavis2[/MENTION] ?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
That one with the 19" is RWD.
[MENTION=326]OklaStinger[/MENTION], is yours AWD?
Yes. You won't find one with AWD and the 19" set up.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Wow so sorry to hear about your situation, I would complain with Kia corporate. I have a lot of respect for [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] and what he does for this community.
Ditto

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

Attachments

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I feel like I'm wrecking your world [MENTION=456]mldavis2[/MENTION] and I'm sorry. I just can't in good conscious let you think that car is coming when I'm 99% sure it's not possible. I know that I'm human and mess up (just ask my wife! LOL) but I try my hardest to be as on point as anyone could be. I don't work for Kia corporate but know more about the cars than 95% of Kia's district sales reps.

OP
M
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Thread Starter #18
I feel like I'm wrecking your world [MENTION=456]mldavis2[/MENTION] and I'm sorry. I just can't in good conscious let you think that car is coming when I'm 99% sure it's not possible. I know that I'm human and mess up (just ask my wife! LOL) but I try my hardest to be as on point as anyone could be. I don't work for Kia corporate but know more about the cars than 95% of Kia's district sales reps.
I'm not trying to prove you wrong, just trying to understand why in the HELL Kia does not make these stupid choices apparent in their literature. Where did you learn that? Where is it written in any brochure of sales spec sheet? I can see where Kia is forcing people to spend an additional $3,900 to go with the GT2, but they need to put that information in the literature so dealers and customers can SEE it. This sneaky squirrel crap is stupid.

I have cancelled my order and will seek solace perhaps with Genesis. I'm at the end of my rope on these stupid games. If my order HAD been received and the damn car showed up with the mickey mouse tires, I would not have accepted it. It's a great car. So is the G80. I will wait for the Kia rep to explain what they want to do for me, but it better be damn good.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Why don't you try building it through the web builder. It looks like it does allow you to have the 19s with AWD and Drive wise package.

OP
M
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Thread Starter #20
Why don't you try building it through the web builder. It looks like it does allow you to have the 19s with AWD and Drive wise package.
Yes it does, and that is exactly my point. There is NO indication that the GT1 with AWD or DriveWise is limited to the little 18" all weather wheels. The 19" are default UNLESS you check the 18" box. Find me one place -- one sentence -- that says otherwise.