Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Owner Quality & Ownership Survey

Kia Stinger Owner Quality & Ownership Survey

• Overall build quality met my expectations

Votes: 30 88.2%
  • Overall build quality did not meet my expectations

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Exterior build quality met my expectations

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • Exterior build quality did not meet my expectations

• Interior build quality met my expectations

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Interior build quality did not meet my expectations

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Vehicle comfort level met my expectations

Votes: 31 91.2%
  • Vehicle comfort level did not meet my expectations

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Engine power and performance met my expectations

• Engine power and performance did not meet my expectations

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Vehicle handling met my expectations

• Vehicle handling did not meet my expectations

• Safety features met my expectations

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • Safety features did not meet my expectations

• Technology features met my expectations

Votes: 30 88.2%
  • Technology features did not meet my expectations

• Fuel economy met my expectations

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • Fuel economy did not meet my expectations

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • I experienced some defects and problems with my vehicle

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • I did not experienced any defects or problems with my vehicle

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • I felt my vehicle is a great value for the money

Votes: 32 94.1%
  • I did not feel my vehicle is a great value for the money

• I would recommend a Kia Stinger to a friend

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • I would not recommend a Kia Stinger to a friend

• Total voters
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
What I Drive
Kia Stinger
Kia Stinger Forum is interested in getting some feedback from our Kia Stinger owners. Please take a moment and complete the survey. Select all that applies to you.

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Aurora Black
No options for exceeding expectations? :)

I'd at least vote that for comfort. Way more comfortable and fun than I was expecting.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
I notice that so far owners are split on the fuel economy. I don't think I have seen a thread on what owners are getting with their mileage and maybe it's too early to tell. But I think it would be a great thread to show what MPG everyone is getting.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I notice that so far owners are split on the fuel economy. I don't think I have seen a thread on what owners are getting with their mileage and maybe it's too early to tell. But I think it would be a great thread to show what MPG everyone is getting.
You should start a thread regarding this in the "General Discussion" sub-forum. I am on numerous car forums and they all have one. Also, if you are accustomed to the Fuelly app that tracks overall gas mileage for the life of the vehicle, it'd be a good way for members to see what kind driving one does. Let me know if you want to do that, I can give you some more info.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
I don't see this as a car where fuel economy is of any great importance. Still, the rated fuel use is very good for such a car, and gas is pretty cheap these days.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I don't see this as a car where fuel economy is of any great importance. Still, the rated fuel use is very good for such a car, and gas is pretty cheap these days.
It does when you live in CA and pay over $3 gallon.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
After my most recent experiences with Kia Service and Kia Consumer Affairs, as much as I love this car, I can no longer recommend it. I have a serious issue with the car and video evidence of this issue. I'm not the only one with the issue either. The dealer tried to reproduce it - gave me an entry level Kia Sportage which didn't have Apple Carplay or Android Auto (which I use for traffic/navigation on my commute), and didn't have heated seats at a time when its brutally cold outside. Now Kia Consumer Affairs wants me to leave the car with them for as long as it takes, but can't guarantee even a small Kia that does have heated seats and Apple CarPlay as a loaner, and refuses to look at the video as "evidence" that this is happening. This is extremely frustrating, and I know based on past experience that other than BMW, other brands would not do this - at a minimum, they would put me in a car at the level of my Stinger GT2 or similar if such a serious issue had to take time to reproduce. I'm not asking for that - just asking for heated seats and Apple Car Play, which pretty much every model outside of base models of almost every Kia, has.

Crispin

Reactions
City
Alexandria
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Kia Stinger GT1
I had a similar issue. I ran out of gas on a brand new vehicle (never filled up yet) because the fuel gauge wasn't working and got stuck before getting to empty. The dealer kept my car 10 days and after selling me a defective $49,000 car gave me the cheapest base-model K5 on the lot as a loaner. I got Kia Customer service to prod them into getting things fixed sooner than they otherwise would, but no-one from Kia apologized for selling me a defective car, for my poor dealership experience or the hours of work I lost due to waiting for a tow truck and getting the car to the dealer to be fixed.

I am starting to wish I had gone for a luxury brand where at least if my car did break with less than 300 miles on it (doubtful, BMW's only break after the three year typical lease periods are up :D) , I'd be treated better.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
In my case, I failed to follow up. The issue involved happened to me mid-drive and almost caused a serious accident. Once I posted the video of the gearshift not being able to get back into drive on Twitter, with a few choice words, someone from Kia dm’d me on Twitter within 20 mins. Shortly thereafter they called me.

They put me in a decent car, and they replaced the transmission in about a week. They also offered me $1k worth of credit towards any accessory I wanted for my troubles. I chose the remote start system.

It’s unfortunate that it took that (I also threatened legal action since there was almost an accident and I had the proof on video). But FWIW, since then I haven’t had any issues with my Stinger. None at all other than regular services. So I’ve been very happy with it. It’s now 3 years and 2 months since I first got it. So aside from that defect, it’s been far more reliable than any BMW or even Infiniti that I’ve had before. I’d recommend going on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk