Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Big Turbo Thread

JD_Spoon

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I'd say 500 - 550 rwhp would be a really good target for a Stinger that isn't a dedicated track car or dyno queen.

Mangeski

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
I'd like to get around 350-400 with the 2.0 if thats possible.

Did the Garrett staff every get back with you on what size turbo to get for stock motor? Im curious also.

Mangeski

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
Did you mention the next turbo size for the 2.0 the could work with stock motor? increasing around 100-150 hp?

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
The Stinger uses Rockwell twin spool turbos in the GT's. There are two inlets to the turbo, one from each of two of the 3 cylinders on each bank. (The 3rd cylinder is vented directly into the exhaust.) Twin spool turbine inlet wheels are "stepped" or graduated in diameter and each cylinder is sent to one of the two different diameter locations. This way there is a more uniform boost - a quicker boost from one and a stronger boost from the other once the wheel speed is increasing. The turbines are small which decreases mass and increases response time.
were you on the rnd team or something[idea]

falkin42

Reactions
City
San Antonio
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
'12 Mazda 3 Skyactiv
Following that link I searched Garrett's website and I think, as far as I can tell, that Garrett's part number is something like 844077-5008S and 282313L110 should be the OE part number. That's the left side turbo specifically. There isn't a whole lot of useful information there that I can find but maybe this is helpful to someone else. It's also pretty late so I don't know if I should even be posting. Late enough I didn't realize this thread is a little dead.

GT1446, from what I can tell. Reverse rotation.

Reactions

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Looks more like upgrading the factory turbos with a larger compressor and turbine. And holy cow that price...
LOL that's cheap compared to Garrett Turbos..

Reactions
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
LOL that's cheap compared to Garrett Turbos..
Depends on the platform and which turbo. I've seen kits with more than just the snails for less than this.

Reactions
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
I'll likely keep mine stock until the factory warranty ends. I hope, by then, there's a lot more info about this stuff out there. I was able to add some massive percentage gains to my 2017 Golf Alltrack by upgrading to the GTI's turbo, an ECU flash, an intake, and a bigger turbo inlet pipe. I'd love to be able to have that option with the Stinger GT someday.