Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia replaced my ECM (Engine Control Module) & tailgate rattle

OhioPete

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger Premium
Hi friends

I had my Stinger into Kia recently to have the tailgate rattle fixed. When I picked it up they told me Kia wants to replace the ECM, so they ordered a new one. I took the car back again after it arrived. All at no charge of course.

I have no idea why the ECM was replaced. I did not complain of any issue, and I do not notice any change in the performance (2.0L) with the new one. The dealer had no idea either. I wonder what's up with this? Anyone else had theirs replaced, or know why Kia is doing this?

By the way, the tailgate rattle fix totally worked. That annoying rattle is completely gone. I was concerned about after sales support when I bought this car, but I must admit my service experience with Kia and the dealer has been first-rate so far.

Pete

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Was it TSB 10143480? Protects the engine from excessive connecting rod bearing damage?

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Let us know what's listed on your repair invoice.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0T AWD
Wonder if this has anything to do with the bad fuel pump issues.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
Which KIA dealer?

OP
O

OhioPete

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger Premium
Thread Starter #6
The invoice shows code SA352, ECU Replacement, whatever that means.
The dealer is Kia of Dayton in Huber Heights. I did not buy the car there so kind of expected to not be treated well by the service dept, but that fear was unfounded.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
The invoice shows code SA352, ECU Replacement, whatever that means.
The dealer is Kia of Dayton in Huber Heights. I did not buy the car there so kind of expected to not be treated well by the service dept, but that fear was unfounded.
The reason I asked is because I have been looking for a KIA technician I can trust with my car. Thanks for the info.