Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

It's Wrong to Debadge "Kia" from the Stinger

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Maybe someone has posted this somewhere which makes me a repeat, and maybe not, but... I think it's incredibly mean to debadge the "Kia" from the Stinger.

They made a good car at good value. It's not perfect, and it's not meant to be. It's meant to be great bang for your buck. They did a good job overall between the platform design, the looks, and the powertrain. Kia has earned the right to have their badge on this car.

I learned years ago that Hyundai was catching up, though, and I started to respect that. I'm no brand loyalist (obviously: I just bought a Kia! lol [rofl]), but I think there's a real "brand" issue (read: snob issue) that we, as owners of the Stinger, should be doing our best to turn around.

If you're a habitual debadger, then yea this doesn't really apply to you since you just take badges off everything. But for those people who purposely debadge the Stinger because they want to get rid of the "Kia": I think you're doing Kia an injustice. Sure, it's your money, but if you're embarrassed to be driving a Kia, you clearly picked the wrong car.

Just my two cents. [biggrin]

Matt77

Reactions
State
WA
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2009 Audi B8 S4
I've kept my Kia badges but I do think the design of the logo looks cheap. But I don't like the Klexus badges either as I don't think they match the car.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I have no issue with KIA as a company and applaud them for making an amazing car! I love mine!!

Unfortunately the badge is ugly in more ways than one. Not just aesthetically... But for those of us who have had friends and family who have fought and lost K.I.A. has an entirely different meaning that I prefer not be reminded of when I look at my steering wheel. Just my 2cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Z
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Thread Starter #4
I have no issue with KIA as a company and applaud them for making an amazing car! I love mine!!

Unfortunately the badge is ugly in more ways than one. Not just aesthetically... But for those of us who have had friends and family who have fought and lost K.I.A. has an entirely different meaning that I prefer not be reminded of when I look at my steering wheel. Just my 2cents.

I never served in the military, I apologize as I never thought about the letters as Killed In Action until you mentioned it... [sad]

Other than THAT, though, a lot of badges are ugly... especially from brands that are focused on economy/budget/value [8]

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I couldn't care less that they say Kia. They are just ugly, in my opinion.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Agree. Is not so much a problem of peoples perception of the brand is just that the logo itself takes from what the car really represents.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
their badges are god awful looking. glad to see them in the trash. however, i do this with every car.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
It's Wrong to Debadge "Kia" from the Stinger

IMHO, it is completely up to the owner?s/driver?s discretion. It?s their car and in America our cars are often a reflection of ourselves. What I mean by that is that decorating, enhancing, ?tricking?out? our cars is a form of expression.

I?ve seen people de-badge their cars on just about every make and model I can think of and I am sure for about as many different reasons.

I personally love the fact that my car is a Kia! It is my 29th car... I?ve raced BMWs, motorcycles and have owned everything from a 1985 Honda Civic to a 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS500 and still own a 1974 Austin Cooper. Natasha is by far the most surprising and impressive car I have owned to date and I think the most bang for my buck. When people stop and ask me what my car is I love to get them to guess!

That said, though I personally have never de-badged any of my cars.. I did swap the rear Kia logo for the longer (and much sexier) Stinger logo on the trunk. I would have put the Kia logo back on if it didn?t have the two pins built into it. So I just put UofF Gator instead.

And for what it?s worth... I also love that we live In a country where you and I can express our opinions and that (hopefully) everyone will respect them and participate in the conversation. I don?t care what you do to your car and whether I like it or not. But if you do customize, I love to hear about what you did and why you did it. Sometimes you find you learn or like something new when you hear their ?why?.