Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Idle Stop & Go (ISG) aka Auto Stop

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
It has now been 5 weeks since I got my Stinger 2.0T Premium and while I have been extremely happy (some minor glitches like getting the subwoofer to function properly) I have some questions concerning the ISG system on the car.

I do not do anything to turn off the system (that I know of) yet I will frequently encounter times where the system shuts itself off and the light on the Auto Stop button turns on. This occurs in normal city traffic and I am not aware of any actions I am taking to disable the system. I like the system for city driving and prefer it stay on all the time.

Anyone else have similar problems or know of specifics settings, etc. that need to be made to correct the problem?

Thanks

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
The ISG system will account for voltage on your car and keep the engine on to prevent too much drainage from the battery. Especially during cold weathers or you're drawing too much power from the battery.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
It has now been 5 weeks since I got my Stinger 2.0T Premium and while I have been extremely happy (some minor glitches like getting the subwoofer to function properly) I have some questions concerning the ISG system on the car.

I do not do anything to turn off the system (that I know of) yet I will frequently encounter times where the system shuts itself off and the light on the Auto Stop button turns on. This occurs in normal city traffic and I am not aware of any actions I am taking to disable the system. I like the system for city driving and prefer it stay on all the time.

Anyone else have similar problems or know of specifics settings, etc. that need to be made to correct the problem?

Thanks
The system monitors about a dozen different systems to decide when to allow the engine to shut off.

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
I think you only need to be concerned if the yellow dash light blinks for 5-seconds, then stays yellow (p. 5-104). Otherwise, it's just temporarily disabling the function while conditions aren't optimal (eg - immediately after starting the car in the morning).